Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Didn't renew my AMA membership

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I have to agree with Bmandiego. The AMA and the MOA or any other private organization should be politically neutral. That is one of the many reasons that I do not join the AARP.
    LOL!
    I have thrown away many solicitations from them. I do not like their politics. I wish they were more neutral on things, but they are clearly not. I'm not quite of age yet anyway, but still get the offers.
    2000 R1100RT-P

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Do we really want to see the inflatable rubber suit / wear-able air bag become mandatory ?...as is being promoted in some European countries.
    Is this on the level??
    I may be nuts but it makes a lot of sense to me. If it could be done sensibly and comfortably I'd very seriously consider it, though I agree I wouldn't want it to be mandatory. Not rubber obviously, some sort of breathable fabric that would fit like overalls. It could probably be less bulky than my aerostitch and more effective in protecting against ground impact injuries. I'll bet the racers would go for it too.
    Rick

'06 BMW R1200RT
    '74 Moto-Guzzi 850-T

Quote Originally Posted by rickyD View Post
    Is this on the level??
    I may be nuts but it makes a lot of sense to me. If it could be done sensibly and comfortably I'd very seriously consider it, though I agree I wouldn't want it to be mandatory. Not rubber obviously, some sort of breathable fabric that would fit like overalls. It could probably be less bulky than my aerostitch and more effective in protecting against ground impact injuries. I'll bet the racers would go for it too.
    There is a lot of activity in this area...

Thanks for posting that Visian. Shows you how up-to-date I am. That suit looks a little bulky but you know improvemts will come in time, along with lower prices.
    Rick

'06 BMW R1200RT
    '74 Moto-Guzzi 850-T

Delaware.Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    I always felt the AMA represented the chrome & noise and the dirt crowd better than the old farts with expensive German bikes crowd
    Strange, I always thought they represented the racing crowd, so I let my membership lapse.

Delaware.Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Reminds me of The Prisoner: