Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BMW Scooter

I haven't read everything on the C600/650's, but I'd be surprised to learn that they don't have self-cancelling signals, are you sure on that?

Cruise would be sorely missed for sure, maybe possible to do an aftermarket cruise? Or maybe it's already drilled for a friction screw, that worked OK on my K75.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I haven't read everything on the C600/650's, but I'd be surprised to learn that they don't have self-cancelling signals, are you sure on that?
    The scooters have the same switch cluster design as the new R bikes, including self-cancelling signals.

See pictures here: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62748
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

Jeff Wilson life member

Price of scooter in the usa

The price of the scooter(s) have been released and they are taking orders in Florida at www.hapscycle.com/homead1.htm $9990 for the gt and $9590 for the sport plus $495 shipping. I wish I lived in the states. Only $100 more than the suzuki Bergman executive
    Last edited by 43362; 09-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Amateur Veteran
    those aren't really scooters as much as they're automatic motorcycles! Shesh! 10K??

Quote Originally Posted by R1200RClassic View Post
    those aren't really scooters as much as they're automatic motorcycles! Shesh! 10K??
    Ergo my preference for an F-800ST.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

I had planned to continue to ride my airhead until the new C650GT got sorted out and then decide if it was for me.
    Did not want to buy the first year production and all that rot.

Unfortunately my left arm and hand have caused me so much difficulty I can no longer manipulate a clutch lever without significant pain. Doctors tell me it is nerve damage and to continue to ride and use a clutch will aggravate the problem.

So I wrangled a long test ride on a used Burgman.
    To say i was impressed would be an understatement.

I bought a 2012 model and in the short time I have owned it I can say I am pleased with my decision.
    After the BMW MAXI's get sorted , I will take a look and see if a trade back to the brand is in order.
    If there is not a whole lot more value for money, I'll just ride the Burgman.

Quote Originally Posted by Themason View Post
    Ergo my preference for an F-800ST.
    I had an F800ST for four years. It is a great middleweight bike, plenty of power and good handling.

Based on an hour and a half ride, the C650GT is far more comfortable, as in it is possibly more comfortable than my current R1200RT. Plush seat, balanced, upright seating position and compliant suspension.

If I had to choose between the two based on comfort it would be the C650, for a sportier riding style, the 800ST.
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

Quote Originally Posted by 32232 View Post
    I had an F800ST for four years. It is a great middleweight bike, plenty of power and good handling.

Based on an hour and a half ride, the C650GT is far more comfortable, as in it is possibly more comfortable than my current R1200RT. Plush seat, balanced, upright seating position and compliant suspension.

If I had to choose between the two based on comfort it would be the C650, for a sportier riding style, the 800ST.
    Feet in front of me is hideously uncomfortable. Yes I have sat on the scooters. No, I would never own one, they are not set up right. Then BMW wants to charge more and stick you with a CVT. Bzzzzt, not even close. Kludge.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

You've hit on what I like least about scooters- the CVT. Heck, I hate cars with CVTs of which there are far too many. Basically its the sloppy engineering shortcut answer to improving crappy fuel economy on a variety of Japanese and other vehicles that are fuel pigs for their size..

I like a scooter for short trips to the store at the Jersey shore, half-helmet, T-shirt, flip flops and all.
    I do not like scooters being marketed as highway cruisers for the Geritol set.

Repeat it all you want to, are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Scooters on steroids are not motorcycles.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    I'm at the point where it's physically difficult to swing a leg. I don't much care what they call them, as long as I can still ride at interstate speeds, and I also wonder if they make knobbies in those sizes 'cause I like dirt roads.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    I like a scooter for short trips to the store at the Jersey shore, half-helmet, T-shirt, flip flops and all.
    Think of this round of BMW scooter setting an upper bookmark for their scooters. As such there the potential is for a great deal of cross over between them and bikes and back when you get down to individual rider and use. They have been developing a bunch of scooters, both gas and electric, that better fit you idea of scooters. Which ones and when they will roll out is the question.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Why not just call them what they are ?

Either a Maxi or a Step through

I don't define anything , I just ride them and enjoy it.