Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: website update list??

HODAG

website update list??

I know some websites do this. As things are added to a website they list what they are, and a link to it. It saves frequent users from searching the website for changes they may be interested in. could we do this on ours?

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar

Yeah Right

Quote Originally Posted by Mark11LT
    I know some websites do this. As things are added to a website they list what they are, and a link to it. It saves frequent users from searching the website for changes they may be interested in. could we do this on ours?
    Only if the powers that be let the web people do it, and after months of discussion. Just like everything else.

Notice Mr Feeler isnt around anymore to tell us the timetable for it. Seems his absence coincides with the distribution of the ballots for office.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    Only if the powers that be let the web people do it, and after months of discussion. Just like everything else.

Notice Mr Feeler isnt around anymore to tell us the timetable for it. Seems his absence coincides with the distribution of the ballots for office.
    Now was that nice? The fact is that the management for the web site for things like this excellent suggestion, is and has always been in the hands of the voulunteer web team - specifically Dave Swider and Rob Nye. The only "holdup" for significant new content has been the ability to split the site into member's and guest's sections. Again, that project is, and has been totally in the hands of the web tech team. Rob made a committment to the Board at the May meeting to have the technology in place for the web site split by the first part of June. Perhaps one of them could update you on the progress of that.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Good idea. One of the things I have been starting to do is include the date that the page was updated, both on my site and the MOA site. Which reminds me... I think I have a few more to do. But I won't tell you where so you can go in search of.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    hey Greg, who called you told you I posted that
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

hey Greg, who called you told you I posted that

I got a new accessory for my Valentine 1 that monitors web sites. Or maybe it was a disturbancein the force.
    Greg Feeler

Mmmmmmmmmmm June... I can't wait to see the new site... I just started reading this thread yesterday and was surpised to see something mentioned about having problems integrating with vBulletin when there are tons of hacks or even canned products like vBAdvanced and vbPortal .. I'm sure Rob and Dave have something cool up their sleeves...

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    Good idea. One of the things I have been starting to do is include the date that the page was updated, both on my site and the MOA site. Which reminds me... I think I have a few more to do. But I won't tell you where so you can go in search of.
    Have you found them yet?
    -=Brad

HODAG
    I didn't notice any??

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Mmmmmmmmmmm June... I can't wait to see the new site... I just started reading this thread yesterday and was surpised to see something mentioned about having problems integrating with vBulletin when there are tons of hacks or even canned products like vBAdvanced and vbPortal .. I'm sure Rob and Dave have something cool up their sleeves...
    We're integrating vB with the software the manages the membership database and is pretty well entrenched in the main office. Rob's been working with their developer to make it happen.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

USERNAME

i was thinking something very similar.

regardless, the answer is always "soon."

I didn't notice any??
    Just for you Mark, I'll make another update tonight when I get home
    -=Brad

Mark,
    There's something new posted on the web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/050525mediaproject.htm
    Greg Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Feeler
    Mark,
    There's something new posted on the web site: http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/050525mediaproject.htm
    Greg, so does that mean that the fine folks like Rob & Dave will be moved to forum moderators rather than site admins while a hired gun takes their place?? Hopefully the "Responsibility for the technical maintenance of the web site and the placement of content (under the direction of the Media Editor) will be handled by a paid, part-time Information Architect." will be a peer rather than just a someone that doesn't participate in the sport.. Maybe one of the members that's already doing the work on the site ???

Or is that double-top-secret??

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Greg, so does that mean that the fine folks like Rob & Dave will be moved to forum moderators rather than site admins while a hired gun takes their place?? Hopefully the "Responsibility for the technical maintenance of the web site and the placement of content (under the direction of the Media Editor) will be handled by a paid, part-time Information Architect." will be a peer rather than just a someone that doesn't participate in the sport.. Maybe one of the members that's already doing the work on the site ???

Or is that double-top-secret??
    The forum will continue on like it is. Responsibility for the technical support (programming/material placement/interface design) will be handled by a paid, part-time professional. This will give the Media Editor the same resource on the web side as we have now on the print side with the art director. The IA position will be advertised for on our web site. I'd say the odds are good candidates will come forward from the membership, perhaps even from the current web volunteers. Open to all to apply.
    Greg Feeler