Thread: New guy from Greenville, SC - R1200RT

Rally Rat

New guy from Greenville, SC - R1200RT

Hello all, I purchased the demo R1200RT my dealer had today. 2012 RT with all but traction control and tire pressure monitoring device. I have owned Harleys, Triumph, Ducatis and after test riding this R1200RT on Saturday I was hooked. A bike that does a great job in the handling department, a mile eater all while hauling a decent load of clothes. I look forward to reading about other's stories and what they are doing with their bikes. I also look forward to meeting folks at rally's etc. My demo bike has a Cee Bailey windscreen on it that is fabulous in keeping the buffeting to a minimum and I also got the free GPS with mount.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like your ready to roll. The rallys are great. M wife and I attended this year's international rally in Sedalia, MO and had a great time. We already have hotel rooms set up for next year's rally in Salem, OR. That would make a great road trip for you on that RT. And you'll find you ill meet all kinds of people along the way. BMW's just seem to attract people where ever you go.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Great rides

I'm envious for sure! Especially with all those great rides within a couple hours of you. Use the search feature and the knowledge bank on this site to learn about the bike.

And welcome!
    Eric * Columbia SC
    Piedmont Red 2006 R1200RT

From a Tarheel to a Gamecock (or is it something else?).... Welcome aboard.
    NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

Welcome aboard !! Glad to have you here. I predict you will grow to love that RT even more... that is one nice bike!!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

It's been a while since I've seen a new member from SC. Enjoy your RT and welcome to the party!
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
    From a Tarheel to a Gamecock (or is it something else?).... Welcome aboard.
    NCS
    Personally I pull for LSU Tigers, but there are a few Gamecocks around here.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyeks View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen a new member from SC. Enjoy your RT and welcome to the party!
    Yeah I've never understood with all the great riding and plethora of riders why I don't see more people on motorcycle forums (HD, Ducati or BMW).

Quote Originally Posted by rhyeks View Post
    when we come at ya, we come in bunches......another new one from SC, Columbia

Rt

Congrats, I bought a new one in April and am really enjoying it. I'm headed out to NC week after next, just got back from CA. You're gonna like it.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/

Welcome....

and Congratulations on the purchase. I suspect you will enjoy the bike as much as we all do.

How about sharing a picture of the bike?

Aloha.