Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: 110 or 120 rear tire on a R75/5?

  1. #31
    Registered User j_withers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Posts
    33

    Unhappy

    My local BMW mechanic can't get the battleaxe BT-45's in the standard sizes (3.25-19 and 4.00-18).

    I found the Roadriders in that size.

    Searching online isn't yielding much results either yet Bridgestone has them listed on their site. They seem available in the UK but not in the USA.

    Does anybody recommend a supplier?

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Northern Front Range, CO
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by j_withers View Post
    My local BMW mechanic can't get the battleaxe BT-45's in the standard sizes (3.25-19 and 4.00-18).

    I found the Roadriders in that size.

    Searching online isn't yielding much results either yet Bridgestone has them listed on their site. They seem available in the UK but not in the USA.

    Does anybody recommend a supplier?
    google should be able to help you just fine with that.
    heres what i came up with- (but work won't let me go to any of these sites)
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=bridges...RC&adlt=strict

    also, you can do a search within the forum to find previous tire threads where peeps have previously asked the "where's a good place to buy my tires?"
    typical popular sources are:
    Motorcycle Superstore
    Cycle Gear
    Tires Unlimited
    Southwest Moto
    etc etc
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

  3. #33
    Registered User j_withers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Posts
    33
    As i mentioned, i already searched online and I can only find the metric sizes in the US for the BT45.

    I can find the Avons and the Continental "Conti-Go!" tires in standard sizes.

    If anybody has a source to get the BT45 in the standard size in the US, I'd appreciate it. I fear that it could get very costly though.

    I'm starting to lean on getting the Avons (due to size availability) though i have heard the compound is very hard.

  4. #34
    Registered User jad01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX or Portland, OR
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by j_withers View Post
    I'm starting to lean on getting the Avons (due to size availability) though i have heard the compound is very hard.
    I've been using the Avon RoadRiders for awhile now and I don't find them particularly hard (relative to Contis or Metzler LazerTecs). They handle well and adhere nicely at a spirited pace in the twisties. I ride two up with my wife pretty frequently, and if memory serves, I got around 7500 to maybe 8000 miles out of the rear (maybe that gives an indication of how hard the compound is?). I'm at about 10,000 miles on the front (but it's getting due for replacement). I've been led to believe that they're popular with the British cafe racers on classic Nortons/Triumphs in my area.
    Jim
    '78 R80/7 and '84 R100RS (Blues Brothers)
    '90 and '93 Red Mazda Miatas ("Jelly Bean" and "Red Hot")
    '96 Giant Upland (big Kendas & freshly greased bearings!)

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Northern Front Range, CO
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by j_withers View Post
    As i mentioned, i already searched online and I can only find the metric sizes in the US for the BT45.

    I can find the Avons and the Continental "Conti-Go!" tires in standard sizes.

    If anybody has a source to get the BT45 in the standard size in the US, I'd appreciate it. I fear that it could get very costly though.

    I'm starting to lean on getting the Avons (due to size availability) though i have heard the compound is very hard.
    sorry- i misunderstood your dilema., and your earlier efforts. i found no success on the BT45s in inch sizes either. there is a near metric equivalent- but i would probably consider Avons over that option, or the new Contis being offered in inch sizes (but NOT the RB2/K112 combo, as those flat out sucked).

    good luck.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

  6. #36
    Registered User j_withers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    sorry- i misunderstood your dilema., and your earlier efforts. i found no success on the BT45s in inch sizes either. there is a near metric equivalent- but i would probably consider Avons over that option, or the new Contis being offered in inch sizes (but NOT the RB2/K112 combo, as those flat out sucked).

    good luck.
    I was looking at the BT45 equivalents and the closest rear seems like the 120/90-18 V rated.
    A 4.00x 18 has an OD of 675mm and TW of 117mm
    and the 120 has an OD of 673mm and TW of 121mm... which might be why it gets so close to the subframe and is hard to install around the brake shoes.

    There seems to be an identical front though based on the few specs they give on their site with a 100/90-19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •