Thread: Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man with an R60/6...

Hybrid View

Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man with an R60/6...

Well, not yet. Just bought a '74 R60/6 from a friend in recently, need to have it transported to me so I can start the restoration. Can't wait - it's my first BMW!

The only pic I have is my buddy riding it:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Welcome to the Forum. I'm thinking you'll be grinning from ear to ear once you get the bike home. Have fun.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

My fist bike. I learned to ride on an R60/6. Not the sexiest R bike but you will love it. It is the smoothest of all the /6 bikes. Super easy to work on. They are fun bikes. Wish I still had mine. Don't ever sell it. You will kick yourself for years.

Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    Looks to be in pretty good shape. Welcome to the Forum. I'm thinking you'll be grinning from ear to ear once you get the bike home. Have fun.
    Yah, needs a little work but it's in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    My fist bike. I learned to ride on an R60/6. Not the sexiest R bike but you will love it. It is the smoothest of all the /6 bikes. Super easy to work on. They are fun bikes. Wish I still had mine. Don't ever sell it. You will kick yourself for years.
    Well, I bought it planning to sell it - a friend of mine used to own this exact bike but had to sell it a few years ago when he needed money to move to a new city. He's regretted it ever since. So I was able to find the buyer and I told him when he decided to sell it, I wanted the first shot at it. He finally caved so here we are.

The plan is to restore it - possibly a frame off, depends on how deep I want to get into it - then offer it to my bud for pennies on the dollar. Not a gift, per se, but it may as well be for what I think I'm going to offer it to him for. He's a good guy.

I will, of course, enjoy it in the interim.

Wow you are a great friend to do this for your buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulstaske View Post
    Wow you are a great friend to do this for your buddy.
    We'll see - once it's done, who knows what will happen...