Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Riders

Lightbulb Another

I think I found another route that would be good.
    US 31 to Muskegon, I 96 to Grand Rapids, US 131 south to I 94. Head on over to I 69 south, turning into I 469 and onto US 30. Follow that to 309 and then get busy at the Rallye.
    I figure a good 6 hour ride. Won't even get the bike warmed up.
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R

My 4-corners trip I had planned is cancelled for this year, so I'll be leaving from the Troy area of Mich on Thurs too. Let me know the time/place we'll meet, I'd be happy to group with you guys.

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Road to Beemerville

Leaving Owosso MI on Thursday morning 7:00 A.M. M-52 south to Ohio-109 to O-65 looks like the best route to me unless someone knows better or if any major construction or detours. Looks like about a five hour ride with lunch and gas stops. There is a Wisconsin Rider that has asked if he can camp in my backyard on Wednesday night so he might accompany me if he can stand to ride that slow. LOL

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    If I were to come south and had the choice of 23 or 75, I would take 23. It is faster, and you avoid the downtown traffic and the annoying single lane of 75 right in detroit.
    I used to drive that a fair amount, and would rather come from the north on 23 than go thorugh town. Unless 23 in under construction and there are major delays.

I cant say, since I havent been that way in quite a while.
    I rode down US 23 this morning (June 26) and there is major construction on the road for about ten miles south of Flint. Road is torn up and traffic shifts going to two lanes for seven miles. Sunday morning traffic light but could be much worse during week.

Thumbs up Meeting Point

Lets figure out the best meeting point for those who think the I 65 route is the best. Looking at the map, Coldwater, MI looks promising. Then we could all cruise to Beemerville.
    AHRMA # 59R

Heh... Coldwater is about as far west of my house as beemerville is south of it... but any mile on a bike is a good mile. I can do that.

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    I have been thinking about the best route with the least problems.
    And taking US 31 down to Muskegon has crossed my mind. Maybe cutting over to Grand Rapids and meeting others, then taking US 131 down to IN.
    As we get closer to the date, you might want to check construction on 131. It is currently down to one lane at 28th street south of GR, causing bad backups (for GR anyway). I'll try to remember to update you as the departure date approaches.

Don
    south of GR

Thumbs up Us 131

I'll try to remember to update you as the departure date approaches.

Don
    south of GR

Thanks, I appreciate that.
    AHRMA # 59R

Fuel Prices

Quote Originally Posted by einnar
    Heh... Coldwater is about as far west of my house as beemerville is south of it... but any mile on a bike is a good mile. I can do that.
    You shouldn't go out of your way to far with fuel prices today.
    AHRMA # 59R

CustomSarge

Arrow SW Michigan here...

I live mid point of Kalamazoo & Indiana border on US131 (@ M-216). I'll be leaving Wed mid A.M. to volunteer & setup (gotta trailer 2 toys).
    US131 @ 28th in GR is good for a mile+ backup (all the way to downtown). May I suggest the beltline around the east side or the new M-6 on the west. Get south of the city and take 44th/52nd/68th/76th to Division then down to D Avenue just north of Kalamazoo, my choice if not in a hurry. Also, there're several fun state/county road paths to Ft Wayne, then pickup US30 across to Lima. I'll be on expressway as stated above. See you folks there <<<)))

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    You shouldn't go out of your way to far with fuel prices today.

Considering I'd planned on a 2200 mile round trip to get to the rally, this is cheap. Tell me where you're going to meet, and I'm sure I can afford it.

Hey guys, I'm a Battle Creek, Michigan transplant living here in FL. I'm planning to take some vacation time and visit Battle Creek. Then heading down to the rally. Anyone from that area heading down? Love to have a partner to ride down with.
    Larry

I'm in Kazoo and could even leave on wed. Tim

Wednesday

I'm still have to work Wednesday.
    Looks like there will be two convoy's heading South.
    AHRMA # 59R

scout7

Leaving Thursday?

Hey Manistee.
    If you are still leaving Thursday, let me know. I am in Lowell (by Grand Rapids) and will be heading down Thursday.