Thread: Northern MI BMW club

Northern MI BMW club

I know that there is a previous thread, I posted on it with no response. I emailed Wayne and the email got shot back to me.

I'm starting a new thread to find out if there is any interest in getting a BMW club going up here in Northern MI.

I would really like to get one going.

David

email= dthogey@aol.com
    cell = 231-357-3416
    David Hogerheide

2009 K1200LT
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800

I don't know why your e-mail got bumped back but here it is again, it has not changed.

wkoppa@hotmail.com
    cell 989-370-57575

I volunteered to collect the contact information for Northern Michigan OA riders so they could communicate for rides and to get together.

I think you have a copy of what I have. If you don't please contact me and I will send you a copy.

If you want to take this to the next level you (or anyone) should call the group together, identify the club requirements from BMW OA and those other functions you would want or need such as newsletter, treasurer, calendar of meetings and/or activities and then see who is willing to do those individual pieces of work.

I volunteered to do what I am doing because that is what I have the capacity to do. Other commitments on my part limit the time I have available but the collecting and distributing of OA riders names is workable.

This fall I am still busy cleaning up on responsibilities that I have for clubs that I belong that include a 100 mile bicycle tour and a 12 mile ORV trail that I have sole responsibility for clearing, trimming and maintenance of signage (Lansing Motorcycle Club). 12 miles didn't seem that long before I got into this.

If anyone wants to pull the trigger on this they can. Anything I can do other that what I am doing now would be pretty marginal. If you want to talk about it we could meet possibly at the trail head at exit 201 of M-127. Bring a saw.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    71449 Life

David
    I think it takes more activity.
    I think it would help if you fill out your profile to include your location. Then post more so people get to see you more.
    The riders are there, it just takes some events to get them to come out and attend.
    And not all can attend all events.
    It helps to reach also to more than one type of bike, or one group.
    Here in Los Angeles we have had organized lunch rides where the leader and I are the only show ups.
    And other rides where 10 or 20 people come out, many uninvited, on short notice.
    But looking at 5 or 10 different groups, there is a ride almost all the time, whenever I am available to ride.
    Or I can ride alone and end up meeting people.
    dc

Quote Originally Posted by Wkoppa View Post
    I don't know why your e-mail got bumped back but here it is again, it has not changed.

wkoppa@hotmail.com
    cell 989-370-57575

I volunteered to collect the contact information for Northern Michigan OA riders so they could communicate for rides and to get together.

I think you have a copy of what I have. If you don't please contact me and I will send you a copy.

If you want to take this to the next level you (or anyone) should call the group together, identify the club requirements from BMW OA and those other functions you would want or need such as newsletter, treasurer, calendar of meetings and/or activities and then see who is willing to do those individual pieces of work.

I volunteered to do what I am doing because that is what I have the capacity to do. Other commitments on my part limit the time I have available but the collecting and distributing of OA riders names is workable.

This fall I am still busy cleaning up on responsibilities that I have for clubs that I belong that include a 100 mile bicycle tour and a 12 mile ORV trail that I have sole responsibility for clearing, trimming and maintenance of signage (Lansing Motorcycle Club). 12 miles didn't seem that long before I got into this.

If anyone wants to pull the trigger on this they can. Anything I can do other that what I am doing now would be pretty marginal. If you want to talk about it we could meet possibly at the trail head at exit 201 of M-127. Bring a saw.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    71449 Life
    Wow, It seems like a lot of work to get a club together. The only thing I know about them is that they exist. I met some guys this summer that are part of a BMW club up in the Upper Peninsula. That is what really got me interested again in a club. I have a family and a full time job so I am busy just as you are.

It seems that I let my interest overshadow the work and responsibility necessary for this undertaking. I did not do any research at all and quite frankly the interest level necessary doesn't seem to be there.

Maybe we should try some more RTE's and see what could build from there.

Thank you for the response.

David
    David Hogerheide

2009 K1200LT
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800