Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IBMWR Scamming

280$.

Sorry to say, at this price, its not going on anybodies HOT list to solve! Guy's guilty of sting'in ya, it appears and maybe, a big maybe he will still come about. Not! What ya looking for, 2 Bings CVs for the /5? That was a good price, IF they were servicable and a likely good set, rebuilt will cost much more. I just spent 450$ for the one carb on my KLR650, a NEW one. This guy may have gone away, out of reach for only a short time. I WOULD try again too, later and see if he stands up, does you right. Somebody MAY know this guy and you can research the 'MOA Annon.Book for members living in that town or nearby? Call'em, spend a few more phone bucks and see if anybody knows the name. May well be a deadend, but something tried and the "book" is a good resource. Randy

One more thought;

OZZIE's BMW Dealer in ChicoCA. is the main resource for all BMW up there and an OLD Dealer. Ozzie is still with us, thank goodness, getting older. HE may well know this guy, or somebody there at the dealer will help. Call'em, another source. Randy

Cowboyatheart
    Lots of good tips. In the future I suggest you only pay with vehicles where you have recourse.

I'd follow it up, but for $280, how much time and effort you really want to put into this?
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

... I'd follow it up, but for $280, how much time and effort you really want to put into this?
    At some point it simply becomes a matter of principle. Years ago I chased a business debt for $250 from Small Claims court all the way up to the county Superior court ... they deserved the community "outing".
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Thanks everyone for the info, I know its only $280 but its the point that i would never do that to anyone,my parents raised me to be an honest person and i expect people to treat me the same way. I will give it a while longer and see what transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKESBIKE View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info, I know its only $280 but its the point that i would never do that to anyone,my parents raised me to be an honest person and i expect people to treat me the same way. I will give it a while longer and see what transpires.
    I have been doing it this way for years, both buying and selling. Sorry to hear about you loss. I do not plan on changing the way I buy and sell. Hope it all works out for you.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    That might be a good idea...but we have a relative who's a patrol sargeant on Orland PD...it's a VERY small department and I'm reasonably sure they don't have a web crime unit. That USPS idea seems the best initial route....

Good luck!
    Small department= better service for the small matters, which this is!

I worked for both a large police department and a small one, retired from the latter. After retirement, having been into photography and active on several internet forums, I shipped off a box of older Leica camera lenses, nothing really spectacular, but quite a few, to a person I had communicated with for a long time. I'm in New Jersey and he was in Massachusetts. He lived in a small town. He was undecided on what lenses to buy, so I shipped him the box and told him to pick what he wanted and send the rest back with payment for what he kept. Well, he did continue to communicate and one excuse led to another and another, etc and a couple of months went by and I had neither payment nor the lenses back and then he didn't answer my emails. I was mentioning this to a detective friend who made 1 phone call to the buyer's small town police department and they knocked on his door at 6:30 PM and asked him if he was running some type of internet scam, and informed him of the potential criminal charges if he was doing so. Well, I had the box of lenses back in my hands via FedEx by 12 noon the very next morning, all were packed even more carefully than I had packed them!

So it very well may be a good idea to call his small, local PD.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    ...I was mentioning this to a detective friend...

So it very well may be a good idea to call his small, local PD.
    Or it may be a good idea to be a retired LEO. I don't have any "detective friends" who would take the time to help me.
    2014 R1200GS
    Ex-2007 R1200R
    Ex-1988 K75S
    Ex-1980 R100S, 70's UJMs, 2010 Ducati M1100

Quote Originally Posted by TR250Tom View Post
    Or it may be a good idea to be a retired LEO. I don't have any "detective friends" who would take the time to help me.
    I just knew someone would point that part of my post out, thank you for not disappointing me!

The other point of my posting was that generally a smaller department will go over and beyond in trying to help. With a larger city's police departments you are wasting your time contacting them unless your loss is in the thousands of dollars.

HOTTECH

Scaming

A bit off the original topic but I always use USPS tracking when sending out my goods. I sent my best friend a very expensive power sander to his P.O. Box with tracking and he never received it. Post Office documented that they had received it but probably put it in the wrong P.O. Box and said that they were sure who ever had it would return it. It has been over a year now so I realized that tracking is no guarrantee of delivery. The Post Office scamed me and I do not have a leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarider View Post
    I'd definitely report it to the Post Office. I've got a buddy whose a Federal Marshal working fraud related to the USPS. These guys are no joke. They go full on SWAT anywhere in the country with teams of agents or provide surveillance for everything from stealing money out of birthday cards on the sorting floor to Social Security fraud. I'm not guessing that this guy is the master mind behind a huge fake credit card enterprise, but they do take this stuff seriously. You might at least help the next guy by reporting it.

I find that laughable! I spent a lot of time filling out USPS forms & furnishing copies of all documentation on my bad guy to include is authentic name,phone number and physical address, postal money order carbon,you name it , I had it. I got nothing, as in zero response and I was trying real hard to get some action , believe me! Full swat was more like full joke in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Make sure to call local police. I know quite a few departments have web crime officers. If you have an address & a name & all that info, who knows, he may be a local criminal & this might just help them on another issue.
    They have far more cases than any human could handle-I forget how many the detective in Lou.,KY told me but it was huge. It was coincidental that my bad guy happened to be on his list already and he needed more proof prior to turning the case over-I got lucky.

Just a warning, I have been beat for $280.If anyone does a deal with Gary from Orland Cal. beware. He was supposed to send me carbs for my /5 3 weeks ago, he keeps coming up with excuses and finally no response at all.Probably my fault for not getting more info on him.I have been buying on IBMWR for a long time with no problems, guess there is always a first.
    Have you contacted the IBMWR Marketplace Admins?

If you do you'll find that they will pursue you're case with the seller and do their best to get to the bottom of it.

http://marketplace.ibmwr.org/help/admincontact

Ian
    IBMWR Marketplace Admin
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Ted Verrill did an awsome job for me. The police dont give a **** and the seller just laughed at me.So i have learned my lesson.Its scumbags like this that ruin it for everybody else.

Ted Verrill did an awsome job for me. The police dont give a **** and the seller just laughed at me.So i have learned my lesson.Its scumbags like this that ruin it for everybody else.
    Ya don't mess with Two-Truck Ted.