Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IBMWR Scamming

IBMWR Scamming

Just a warning, I have been beat for $280.If anyone does a deal with Gary from Orland Cal. beware. He was supposed to send me carbs for my /5 3 weeks ago, he keeps coming up with excuses and finally no response at all.Probably my fault for not getting more info on him.I have been buying on IBMWR for a long time with no problems, guess there is always a first.

If you paid with a credit card, call your credit card company (or bank), and ask for a chargeback.

I wish, it was done by postal money order.I know it was stupid , but i have been doing it that way for quite awhile for people who dont have paypal, i guess i am too trusting. I would never do that to anyone and thats the way i expect to be treated in return.

Suspicious dealings

I had a deal like that. I offered paypal; he did not have paypal. I offered to send a check and he could let it clear before sending the part; he insisted on a money order. When I emailed him that I had a buddy near him who would run over to his house with the cash and I needed the address, he disappeared.

I have a pretty good nose for a con job; but even I got taken once. I got a friend of mine who was a computer nerd to help me. He tracked the computer to the library in the employment security office in Columbia, SC. I rode there, showed the man in charge of the computer room my information and the emails. He pulled out the sign in sheets for the times the emails had been sent. Voila, there was the culprits name, address, and SC drivers license #. Bonus, he was in the center.

I waited for him outside the center. Lets just say he will NEVER do that again.

I hope you can track this person down and take care of business.

BTW, what is his location?
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

For what it's worth, you could put him in a world of hurt. He committed mail fraud by accepting a postal money order and not fulfilling the order.

FWIW, I'll share with you that some years back I bought a vacuum cleaner from a guy on ebay via postal money order which obviously infers that I had a physical address to mail him the $. I also had his phone number & I even called and got the guys niece one time. After it was apparent I was bilked I 1st took the route of it being a Federal crime due to fraudulent use of the U.S. Mail, which it was that crime. LOL in trying to get anywhere with the USPS! Part of my reason for posting here is to say , just don't waste your time with that as they simply will not take the effort to pursue it. Secondly, as you have an address you can try to contact local law enforcement via phone after a web search for the right person in that LEO dept.. I was dealing with a person that lived in my state,KY, & my 1st contact was a total wash , as the lady really wasn't interested in my situation. I was then at the point of driving to the guys house & getting my $. Please no lectures on that idea. I then got lucky in reading a news account of web crime with mention of Louisville,KY & the article even had the detectives name(he had all the internet cases & there were lots!) saying how poor the chances were for nabbing these people,etc.. I call that guy & it happens that he's interested & I was able to help put my guy in jail. He was a mgr @ a fast food & had a sideline in bilking people. In my case I got restitution through the court system.

Quote Originally Posted by smartin108 View Post
    For what it's worth, you could put him in a world of hurt. He committed mail fraud by accepting a postal money order and not fulfilling the order.
    Read my story below. I'll add that I once had a box of loose pearls from a NYC jewelry supplier on approval with a deposit involved. At the time I was doing jewelry on the side. The box was insured for several hundred dollars via the USPS. I returned the pearls that I didn't want & kept some too. After being unable to get my $ back I went to the post office. It was a waste & I didn't collect a dime as the company simply did not answer contacts. Money gone. My MIL, was a postmaster & couldn't believe the story. My notion of collecting anything from those guys is "fat chance"!
    Like me you watch too many movies

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKESBIKE View Post
    Just a warning, I have been beat for $280.If anyone does a deal with Gary from Orland Cal. beware. He was supposed to send me carbs for my /5 3 weeks ago, he keeps coming up with excuses and finally no response at all.Probably my fault for not getting more info on him.I have been buying on IBMWR for a long time with no problems, guess there is always a first.
    You reported this to IBMWR, right? If not, here is the link.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

His location is on pine st in orland california. he says he is employed by u.s. homeland security so it is hard to get ahold of him and also he cannot give out his phone # due to security reasons. what a freakin joke! Maybe i will contact homeland security and tell them what their employees are doing if he is really there.

If you did send a Postal Money Order you can (and should) file a complaint with the US Postal Service at:
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...complaint.aspx

Personally I would send him a note giving him one last chance to refund your money or you will refer the matter to the USPS Postal Inspectors (insist on a USPS Money Order for the amount paid plus your cost to send to him and give a hard deadline - maybe 5 business days from the time the note is sent.) If no money by that date, file the complaint.

When more than one or two of these things are filed the USPS Postal Inspectors swing into action, and those guys are real pitbulls - I'd say someone willing to rip one person off is always willing to do it to two people. Let the motorcycling community know the facts of what has happened to you, by whom, and what you have done, and see where it goes from there.

You'd be surprised how fast people send refund checks one USPS Postal Inspectors start knocking on their door.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Thanks Ted, I notified you last night, i will try that.

Make sure to call local police. I know quite a few departments have web crime officers. If you have an address & a name & all that info, who knows, he may be a local criminal & this might just help them on another issue.
    John.

It would not hurt to file a report here also for internet fraud - FBI/IC3

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspxhttp://
    Larry S
    Utah driven
    2003 K1200RS
    1988 K100 LT

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Make sure to call local police. I know quite a few departments have web crime officers. If you have an address & a name & all that info, who knows, he may be a local criminal & this might just help them on another issue.
    That might be a good idea...but we have a relative who's a patrol sargeant on Orland PD...it's a VERY small department and I'm reasonably sure they don't have a web crime unit. That USPS idea seems the best initial route....

Good luck!
    Bill Johnston

I'd definitely report it to the Post Office. I've got a buddy whose a Federal Marshal working fraud related to the USPS. These guys are no joke. They go full on SWAT anywhere in the country with teams of agents or provide surveillance for everything from stealing money out of birthday cards on the sorting floor to Social Security fraud. I'm not guessing that this guy is the master mind behind a huge fake credit card enterprise, but they do take this stuff seriously. You might at least help the next guy by reporting it.