Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMW Cafe Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by motor 1 View Post
    Prolly a silly ass question, BUT.............anyone ever make cafe racer style bikes out of the newer models? ie....1100s or 1200's I have an extra 1100s sittin' around and would like to maybe give it a go.
    Do a bit of research and you will find it is a very slowly growing segment of the cafe' set. The cost of donor project bikes and small aftermarket cafe' style parts may be a reason it is a slow segment.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by tlcoulter View Post
    Here's mine: Attachment 33293
    Very, very nice!
    Mike M
    2014 GSA
    MOA# 86571

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Do a bit of research and you will find it is a very slowly growing segment of the cafe' set. The cost of donor project bikes and small aftermarket cafe' style parts may be a reason it is a slow segment.
    Thanks for the response. I thought not too many folks have converted the oil or hexheads, I still might give it a go.

Nickname: Droid
    Call me crazy, but I would like to see a F650CS done up as a modern/retro cafe bike.
    Nop off that dangling license bracket thing, create a nice bum-stop seat back, some low bars with bar-end mirrors, a little bikini windshield/fairing to add on top of the headlight nacelle, a cover for the divot on the "tank" and get rid of the handles on the tank to clean it up. Oh! and a decent looking reverse megaphone muffler.