Thread: Shark Evoline series 2 helmet

Hybrid View

Shark Evoline series 2 helmet

Anyone here happen to have a shark Evoline series 2 Not the ST version?
    i guess i bought my helmet a year to early. I own a series 2 not ST version and the issue that i have. Is trying to find speakers that will fit inside with out squashing my head. i cant stand ear buds after long use. i have plastic behind ear pads not foam cant cut any away. been cutting pieces of cardboard to the dimensions of some of the speaker units that I been finding. And been fitting them inside from doing this test seams i want to stay under 3/8 of a in. felt tight so around 1/4th in. or below unless somebody knows how to pull this plastic off?
    Info if needed
    Will be used for blue-tooth for gps and mp3 player maybe helmet to helmet coms down the road.
    have did google searchs found edsets.com he stated will not be ready until spring for a good blue-tooth unit that will fit in this thing. so far this guy over at edsets has been very helpfull he has already responded to all of my e-mails

I have an Evoline2 with an Edsets installed into it (wired for my prior bike). I pulled all the foam out of it and countersunk the ear speakers in with a forstner bit. I used a pencil to compress the foam between the liner and the outer shell to run the boom mic.

It was a pain in the butt to do, but it worked well.

Yeah edsets been helping out a lot but this over all cost from him is killing me 211+55 for him to install +25 for shipping = 291 and that's not even with blue-tooth (i cant figure out how to slip out the collar and i dont want to pull apart that one part with out having the glue and everything ready. for 299 i can buy a evoline series 2 ST. Can get a cheap vaga helmet with speakers and blue-tooth for 170 really hard to justify that 291 with no blue-tooth. I realize though I will still have to buy a unit to go into the new shark helmet i seen a range of options that will fit in the st from simple speakers that will only be 40 for a ok set to a scala rider for 160 or even the sharktooth for 220. so its really hard to justify that 291. the bigest push i have to tell me to get everything is the fact i dont want to have a 400$ helmet sit on a shelf to expire on. used helmets sell for crap from what i seen. ill keep my evoline i'll take a 50% loss on it and take 200 for it but i think i would have a really hard time offing this thing. about to trash the entire project idea