Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fires

Good luck, heal well;

We know Libby too, had a flat tire there a couple years back as we pulled into the Pizza Hut. Spent the night there as it was end of day anyways. Good luck on the breathing issues, heal well. Thats one for the memoirs, another "tale of the road" for you, Paul. Very serious this one, so get well soon to ride and smile again. Maybe while you sit and heal, you can write it up, add it to your monthly 'ON article about wrenching and "healing" the wrench'er! It would make good reading, really sorry to say at your expense. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Smoke from the fires is widespread, and nasty stuff.
    It's made it up here to Calgary now, heavy haze all over the city and beyond and can even pick up the smoky odor in the air.
    Last edited by MCMXCIVRS; 08-29-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Wow;

You'd think the jet stream would move it more Easterly. Maybe you have fires in BC, West of you too? I guess Calgary is not so far N.of Washington, therefore you get it. Wonder how far Paul had to go to escape the smoke and heal up? Seems it may be far or maybe back West/North towards Seattle/Canada? Smoke here in California seems an unknown where I live in Clovis. We get really bad air every year at this time in the San Juaquin Valley. I need to move, getting older. Our fires are way North in the state, maybe 300 miles+ and hopefully blowing East. Visability is real poor all over down here, late Summer about normal in mid state Cal.. Still too warm, near 100+ every day still. Family STILL fighting fires, three weeks now, full time, not seen'em...Randy

Winds have been northerly last few days and there's apparently some fires in Montana and Idaho near the border. There are actully a lot fewer fires this year in BC than the average. There was a small one up on the Rodgers pass this weekend that we saw, and I watched the helicopters dropping water on another very small one out in the East Kootenays last week.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

We're back in the Big Bend area of Texas. The air is clear ; ) Last smoky day here was in April. Paul is breathing lots better!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Great news, now I'm sMiling too!

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Nice:)

Get the bikes home too, from Libby? I'm wishing Fall comes quickly here, very tired of thick air. Rains please come anytime. Watching New Orleans now, its so very unreal watching ALL that hurricane rain and we are bone dry for so long now. Randy