Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Original Grip Buddies recommendation

I have a question. I like the neoprenes material but don't want a seam. Is there a solid tube version that is made of neoprene or is ony foam available?
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    I have a question. I like the neoprenes material but don't want a seam. Is there a solid tube version that is made of neoprene or is ony foam available?
    Grip Puppies are the foam ones. I loked and never found a neoprene tube type.
    Had a set of the foam ones for a short while. Cut them off and threw them away.
    Didn't like them for several reasons.

On the Beemer Buddies, you put the seam on the bottom past your finger tips.
    This is my second year on them and love them.
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

Got em

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a set today. Lots of recommendation on advrider forums indicating they work quite well with heated grips. I'm doing an overlay over well worn stock grips and don't care to shell out for marginal new grips when they need something else for my big mitts anyway.
    Came in mail today. Amazingly easy install and good feel. Good option for repairing a split throttle grip. More to come with some miles.

Mine are in the mail. Looking for a little releif from the right grip buzzing. It got much better when I added heavier bar end weights.
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

5. 08-24-2012, 02:31 AM

...put the seam at the bottom...Brisco
    Ah, thanks, I've been trying to figure out exactly where this would be.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

7. 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Reason
    Advertising/selling on the forum

Got mine at the Finger Lakes Rally a couple of weeks ago. I cannot say enough good about them!
    I have large hands and they definitely improved the grip, there for I feel like I have better control of the bike. They eliminated a lot of the buzzing in the grips of the old 1100 LT. Used the heated grips yesterday morning leaving Iowa and it seemed like they retained the heat better than stock grips.

I do not have a vested interest in the company or the product but I have to say this was money well spent! Plus the vendor even took an extra five minutes of his time and installed them, bonus!
    93 K1100LT

Quote Originally Posted by jmiller View Post
    Got mine at the Finger Lakes Rally a couple of weeks ago. I cannot say enough good about them!
    I have large hands and they definitely improved the grip, there for I feel like I have better control of the bike. They eliminated a lot of the buzzing in the grips of the old 1100 LT. Used the heated grips yesterday morning leaving Iowa and it seemed like they retained the heat better than stock grips.

I do not have a vested interest in the company or the product but I have to say this was money well spent! Plus the vendor even took an extra five minutes of his time and installed them, bonus!
    And it was a real pleasure to meet you, personally, and do business with you, Jim.

Best,

Dave R.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I bought a 2012 GSA this past May. When researching the purchase, I asked owners what add-ons they'd recommend for a new GSA owner. "Beemer Buddies" was recommended more than any other single product.

I was smart enough to order two sets - one for the GSA, and one for the RTP. After installing the set on the GSA's grips, I knew I had to do the same modification to the RTP.

I'm a paralegal, not a mechanic, but installation is easy and only takes a few minutes.

The RTP's grips were wearing out at 78k miles, and I wasn't looking forward to spending upwards of $250 to replace both heated grips. The Beemer Buddies cover up the thin parts of the stock grips, and now I can put off replacing the grips indefinitely.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Beemer Buddies

I just put a set on my bike before going on a 2K trip. They worked great! They even work well with Throttle Rockers. No slip. Great product.
    Gerry
    1986 Sportster (Sold)
    2003 R1150RT ''Frau Blucher''

Quote Originally Posted by Ksrob View Post
    I got a pair but they kept breaking loose. I then got the solid tubes and they have been great. Heat comes thru a little slower.

Rob Lessen
    Arma, KS

'07 R12RT
    '08 R12GS

A few 250's
    Ksrob-

FYI!

Just went back and re-read this old thread and saw your comment. Actually, we are on our 3rd. generation of sticky-backed Velcro now, and the comments have been overwhelmingly positive about it. It is no wonder, because this new Velcro is rated to be stable to 230 degrees F. Seems to put to rest any concerns like the one you had.

Thought I'd FYI you!

Best,

Dave R.