Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C650gt

Money?

I've yet to hear the price tag on this new scooter! I just must wait also, for road trip reports and many miles in the real world from those with money to burn. From pics, its very well done in the looks dept... A sealed oil bath drive chain has to be "sold to me", as I am a non believer in that so far. Sceptic, I guess. I too am a self service kind a guy and my last burried engine was my KLT1200. Took half the day to get to the engine for service and a really burried air filter, under the tank. Hope scooters are easier or the BMW shops will love the labor bucks shelled out by owners. PLEASE let this new bike be a winner and well thought out. Randy

Its the convenience.
    I own an F8 and an RT.
    Right now when i want to take a quick hop to run an errand locally I grab my ET4.
    Its quick its easy Im there and back in 15 minutes and the boss never missed me.
    ET4 sorta looks like I'm in clown training. (OK there's your straight line)
    C650 would give me a little more capacity and considerably more scootity.
    Don't be hatin.
    If it bugs you, throw your leg over the saddle.

Hey when do we get our own forum?
    Ya know, for the non-haters.

I am waiting on riding one of these too, and am very interested. I think it would fit my cycle use very well, mostly been commuting, but I could take this on a 2 to 4 day trip if I want to.

Thanks for the great write-up, guys, glad to see they are taking these around for test rides, anyone know of a schedule for where they will be? Did they have them at the rally in Sedalia?

It would be great to know what BMW lists as the MPG rating.

The Munch Mammut used an oil bath chain. Friedl Munch kept breaking chains on these monsters and found the chain would last in an oil bath, kept the chain munch, errr, much cooler. A freind of mine owned several of these, never heard a complaint about the system, although there was only one of them that he rode regularly.

YES we need a C Class/Scooter/Urban Mobility forum!

PS Prices I have heard around on the net would seem to indicate around $10K-$12K for a fully optioned 650GT
    Last edited by Gilly; 09-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

From my favorite sales gal robyn at long beach BMW they should arrive end of oct. With a total of 1000 bikes in US first year 250 sports and 750gt's
    Pricing is from 9-11 grand depending on options and model
    Hope my wife likes hers.....

I got a killer deal on a 2012 Suzuki Burgman from my local dealer friend.
    Took a 50 mile test ride on a used one he has . Smooth as glass at 90mph ( way faster than I usually ride) handled like a sport bike in the twisties, stops on a dime.

If the more expensive BMW is all they claim and does not fall on it's arse being ridden by the masses ( the true test period of any new product) it should sell well in the segment it is designed for.

Since i can no longer manipulate the clutch on my BMW R80 , ( have not ridden in 6--8 weeks now) It just hurts too much in my hand and arm and is not worth the aggravation.

Put a deposit on the new Burgman, picking it up on Tuesday

BMW will be up for sale shortly.

From past experience taking delivery on a new model year in this area, November - ish, I'm ta thinkin'.
    Long Beach might see them sooner or later not sure of the POE, isn't it generally somewhere in Va?
    Shall we start a pool?

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    I got a killer deal on a 2012 Suzuki Burgman from my local dealer friend.
    Took a 50 mile test ride on a used one he has . Smooth as glass at 90mph ( way faster than I usually ride) handled like a sport bike in the twisties, stops on a dime.

If the more expensive BMW is all they claim and does not fall on it's arse being ridden by the masses ( the true test period of any new product) it should sell well in the segment it is designed for.

Since i can no longer manipulate the clutch on my BMW R80 , ( have not ridden in 6--8 weeks now) It just hurts too much in my hand and arm and is not worth the aggravation.

Put a deposit on the new Burgman, picking it up on Tuesday

BMW will be up for sale shortly.
    What's up with the clutch hand? Is it permanent?
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Left elbow started hurting a lot , got progressively worse , hurt a lot to squeeze the clutch. Started talking and seeing my family doctor about it.

Two different doctors looked at the problem, sent me to a sports medicine guy , no help there.
    Went to an acupuncture clinic for two visits, got some relief .
    Add in a bit of arthritis and you get the picture.

Still cannot fully extend my arm or bend it without a lot of discomfort. Using the clutch just aggravates the problem.

Want to stay on two wheels for a bit yet, so my best option was something with a CVT.

Supposed to pick my Burgman today ( between rain showers)

All the BMW's arrive on the east coast, clear customs and then motor freighted to their final destination, suspect their is a common release date in the US
    Been told it's the end of October just in time for Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    Left elbow started hurting a lot , got progressively worse , hurt a lot to squeeze the clutch. Started talking and seeing my family doctor about it.

Two different doctors looked at the problem, sent me to a sports medicine guy , no help there.
    Went to an acupuncture clinic for two visits, got some relief .
    Add in a bit of arthritis and you get the picture.

Still cannot fully extend my arm or bend it without a lot of discomfort. Using the clutch just aggravates the problem.

Want to stay on two wheels for a bit yet, so my best option was something with a CVT.

Supposed to pick my Burgman today ( between rain showers)
    Tennis elbow. I have it too. I took anti inflammatories, indomethicin in my case (some can't tolerate it, but for some weird reason I can handle it while supposedly less strong meds like Feldine bother my stomach). I also used a very tight strap on my forearm and that seems to buy me the comfort I need to ride. After a period of a couple of years the pain abated completely, though I can rile it up with certain repetitive motions. Your riding days are not over. Use heat followed by ice packs and were it me, I would continue with the accupuncture. I would also see about anti-inflammatories. If nothing else, you can take ibuprophen. The over the counter tablet is 200 mg. A theraputic dose would be 800 - 1000 mg three times per day. Ibuprophen takes time to build up and do it's thing. I did this on my own, the strap and ibuprophen, for over a year and managed to alleviate the pain. Ask your doctor for his or her opinion.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Jeff Wilson life member

Price release

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I've yet to hear the price tag on this new scooter! I just must wait also, for road trip reports and many miles in the real world from those with money to burn. From pics, its very well done in the looks dept... A sealed oil bath drive chain has to be "sold to me", as I am a non believer in that so far. Sceptic, I guess. I too am a self service kind a guy and my last burried engine was my KLT1200. Took half the day to get to the engine for service and a really burried air filter, under the tank. Hope scooters are easier or the BMW shops will love the labor bucks shelled out by owners. PLEASE let this new bike be a winner and well thought out. Randy
    The price is (drum roll) $9990 for the gt and $9590 for the sport plus $495 for shipping and is now on sale at www.hapscycle.com/homead1.htm in Florida. This is only $100 more than the Bergman executive. I wish I lived in the states
    Last edited by 43362; 09-09-2012 at 08:29 PM.

The cvt transmission requires a belt.