Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BMW S1000R 192 MPH on Public Streets

Here is the guy from Canada who was arrested for going 186 mph. It is tough to tell on the computer screen I think.

Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.

2008 R1200R Black

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hexkopf View Post
    You really think he is only going 119mph? Really?

This guy is freaking flying. Doing all of 192 easily.
    FYI, you should still pull over to the right if Jerry coming up from behind!!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Ride Safe, Live Well
    fascinating to watch, but I wouldn't want to be on the road with these guys. Keep it on the track!

Nickname: Droid
    I do happen to personally know a S1000RR will easily do 125 MPH in 3rd gear.

In daylight, on a two-lane straight back road, no trees, no cross roads, no hill/rise/dip, no traffic, no driveways.

I quit watching the video early on, since it was on a road with traffic, at night??? Darwin will win, an natural selection still applies.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYVH View Post
    I do happen to personally know a S1000RR will easily do 125 MPH in 3rd gear.
    Video or it never happened.

Nickname: Droid
    HA! DID SO!

Yeah, I guess I'm old school where you didn't video tape every stupid thing you do in life just to show the world "look at me, look at me!!!"

But I do have that image in my mind of the speedo saying 125, and I thought to myself "that's plenty fast enough for right here, right now, don't push your luck." 4th gear would easily have pushed me past 140. But my risk-fix was satisfied.

192 mph

As can be plainly seen, we finally have a machine capable of taking on the Japanese.

angysdad
    Quote Originally Posted by jforgo View Post
    I am dreading the post where someone finds this a reason to cancel their membership.
    I plan on cancelling my membership over this post...but first I just have to know what oil he is using!!!

It's fast but...

I think it is probably mph.
    That would be a little safer on I-10 in Texas.
    It wouldn't take much to turn that in to a disaster that all motorcyclist get tagged with.
    Bad ass biker? Take it to the track please!
    Robb

Morning Person
    I once read in a book by a well-known motorcycle skills/safety expert that anyone can ride a motorcycle fast...it takes real skill to ride one slow.

Riding that fast a night is just about the most dangerous thing I have seen a rider do ever. Too bad the dumbest rider I have seen on Youtube is a BMW rider. I slow down at night since I am worried about animals. I guess there are no animals in this part of the country. Then there are retreads and all the crap at night.

Quote Originally Posted by knotbob View Post
    That would be a little safer on I-10 in Texas.

seen worse on YouTube...

I recently encountered about a dozen goats in the median on I-10 near wide open west TX Ozona ...makes you rethink Interstate "safety" at 80MPH (LEGAL LIMIT)
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I think his speedo is displaying kilometers/hr, not mph. 192 kph=119mph. He's definitely going fast, but it doesn't look to me like he's going 100 mph faster than everything else on the road. He's maybe going 50-60 mph faster than the cars he's passing, so just over 100 mph seems about right. Still foolish though.
    I'm late to this party but, as someone who has a sportbike which reads in km/h, I can attest that this speedo is reading in mph. The tell is the rate at which the speedo increases/decreases in relation to the tachometer.

A guy in Canada got arrested for doing 299 km/h as indicated on his speedo. Of course, I'm sure there was some built-in error on his R1 PLUS the speedo will not read over 300.

Rally Rat
    I saw a queen sized mattress in the passing lane while on my way in to work this week. Still dark out, as I start early. Had I been on the bike, and in the passing lane, doing the legal limit of 65 MPH, who knows what would have happened. At 119 or 192, it would certainly have been death. You just never know for sure what is ahead of you.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by john1691 View Post
    I saw a queen sized mattress in the passing lane while on my way in to work this week.
    How fast was it going? Was it holding up traffic?