Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AMA Posts Ethanol Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Pre Columbian food source developed in the Mexico region and spread across the Americas and beyond via native trade. Corn never seemed to catch on in Europe like other vegetable crops brought back by early explorers and traders; perhaps due to the land yield ratio and storage issues that were better met by other products in their systems. The US has a mixture of land, research and history with the stuff that makes it abundant and pervasive; resulting it being a major export agricultural product. Europeans may have a cultural bias against the stuff but increasingly are importers/ consumers of the stuff in various forms.
    It was always confusing to me when I studied the British "Corn Laws" which referred to Wheat, Barley and Oats. However, I had no problem understanding the German Korn
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    It was always confusing to me when I studied the British "Corn Laws" which referred to Wheat, Barley and Oats. However, I had no problem understanding the German Korn
    Variation on the Kleenex brand name becoming the common name for paper tissues. IRRC corn in the ÔÇ£English corn lawÔÇØ sense refers to grain or cereal crops in general. The stuff we know as corn was the major cereal crop grown in the new world and rather than adopting or translating native terms for it, it just became referred to corn.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Long Range Rifleman
    Southeast Arizona....where we ride year round.
    This is getting better than any oil thread around....

I would still be interested to see some research on the effects on vehicle mileage and wear going from 0% ethanol to 10% and from 0% ethanol to 15%. Perhaps our august research firm has some data on these?

Btw, I paid my way through grad school in the mid 1990's hauling fuel in tank trucks. Most fuels even back then had up to 5.7% ethanol blened in at the loading rack to enhance the octane.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by NI5L View Post
    This is getting better than any oil thread around....
    That's an interesting thought!

What kind of oil do you use on your corn???

I like to grill mine with a bit of Olive Oil brushed on and sprinkling of garlic salt...

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post

I like to grill mine with a bit of Olive Oil brushed on and sprinkling of garlic salt...

Cheers!
    Corn (on the cob or popped) is an organic butter delivery device.

Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Corn (on the cob or popped) is an organic butter delivery device.

Skip the butter and use grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. The corn has to be popped with oil, not that hot air foo-foo stuff
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post

Cheers!
    The best(only) to protect your sweet corn from ear worms is mineral oil, a few drops in the silk will do...

I use the pure gas site. A 2010 Camery will get about 36 mpg with non alohal will get up to 43mpg, this is not a hypride .