Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Including current updates

Good to see you posting Dave. See you in Salem???
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Good to see you posting Dave. See you in Salem???
    If I survive this, you will: www.deathride.com

It's the week before the rally, so I'm going to spend the next 7 months in training. Moto time will be in pretty short supply between now and then.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Geeeeez Dave, it's a lot easier with about 1200 cc's between your knees.

Hope to see you in Salem, it's been a while.

Stan
    Live this day.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    Geeeeez Dave, it's a lot easier with about 1200 cc's between your knees.

Hope to see you in Salem, it's been a while.

Stan

Where's the fun in that? It's one of the epic bicycle rides in this country, so it's next on my list.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
    If I survive this, you will: www.deathride.com

It's the week before the rally, so I'm going to spend the next 7 months in training. Moto time will be in pretty short supply between now and then.
    Best of luck with the Deathride. I'm not sure you will be recovered in a weeks time!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Well, I'll volunteer

Just e-mailed the rally chairs from work to volunteer as a "slave" during the rally. Haven't been on this forum for a long time and my net-nazi's at work have the forum blocked. So now I can see that things are well advanced.

Deb, once I get established in WA and get the bikes unloaded, I'll be glad to help. Set up in Salem this summer, help pre-ride routes (grew up in John Day, went to school in Eugene a long time ago), whatever it takes. Would like to be able to attend some seminars, but it's not important if I ride during the rally. I'll be retired and intend to ride the hell out of the PNW this spring and summer!

Anyway, let me know by PM or e-mail what ever you need. Heck, I'll even pour beer, if I don't get too distracted by the product . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RDMEASE View Post
    I'm from Oregon I've been a member for about 3 years and have really wanted to attend an International Rally... but they've always been too far and/or I've been unable to get the time off work. This coming summer rally dates are perfect and I can get those days off. But geeez... I would love a nice ride to get there... but only 50 miles down I-5 to get to Salem... that just takes the wind out of my sails. Perhaps I'll wait for another year and what I'd consider a funner destination from my point of view. For me the road trip to get there is half the fun! Without a decent ride to get there is the rally really worthwoth it? Should I wait for another year? Just rambling here . LOL!
    At least you can run home to shower and not have to wait in line for a cold shower.
    Ron R

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    My wife says that is a great idea, only WINE-fest. When is it going to be in a great wine area? Future Ideas?

The Oregon BMW Riders annual Rally in John Day featured a fine wine tasting of local wines supplied by the attendees. Maybe this could be repeated at the national. Might cut into the beer sales for a couple of hours though. You will pass by a number of great Oregon wineries on your way to Salem no matter which direction you come from. Or there's always Safeway.
    IMG_9089-S.jpg

-Sirby
    Sirby
    WSBMWR
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by nplenzick View Post
    Yes I did see that. I'm not a tent camper I was just wondering about about the other attendees. I'll take your word that it's a good site. I'm a vendor/member so I have to look at this from a business stand point. I wasn't impressed when they had it in Oregon a few years ago. I'm hopping I can find another venue (maybe the moto gp in Ca.) to offset the 6000 mile round trip fuel cost for the event. I would hate to miss a national and this would be the first I would miss since being a member in 2004. However if the numbers don't work then we just can not attend.
    That would be too bad, as many riders look forward to the hands on inspection and purchase of the moto goodies only seen in magazines.
    At our local Washington State BMW Riders annual rally the last few years we have seen a downturn in the number of vendors attending. What I found, as door prize chairman, was that an organized effort to display and make available product for people to inspect and discuss with other riders prior to giving it all away at door prize time, garnered some really nice contributions from vendors the following year(s). Certainly more sales will be made from attending with a booth full of product, but if not attending, it would be great to see your product displayed well and maybe a discount coupon offered to all.
    Just a thought.
    IMG_9972-S.jpg
    Sirby
    WSBMWR
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    And we wouldn't be "whipped" from a haul to the left coast before arriving at Salem!
    No train ride or shipping required... just storage logistics. I'll give it due consideration.
    When it comes to the annual moa rally before & after week.... everybody's gonna be
    somewhere doing something!

John, red 04r1150r
    For storage of your bike look into the MOA Anonymous book. You should be able to find a member with storage space.
    I was contacted once by a rider from GA who stored his K bike in my garage for a month while he went back to work for a while and continued his journey around the country later by flying to Seattle and taking a taxi to my place etc. Worked great.
    Sirby
    WSBMWR
    Seattle, WA

Route To 2013 Rally

I live in Atlanta, GA, and am working on a route to and from the Rally for my BMW Navigator Garmin unit. Any suggestions for route(s), interesting sights along the way, etc? I've allow 7 days to ride out and 7 days to return. The route I'd like to do going out is a more northern route and the route home to swing down through the southwest/south. Any suggestions and/or electronic routes will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm new to this, so please excuse if I've not followed the rules. Thanks

NOTAKREURIG

Talking New member, new owner, so excited!!

Bought my 2013 F700GS in November and I am so excited that this rally is almost in my backyard!! I'm only 75 miles North of Salem in SW Washington. Can't wait to attend the rally, volunteer, and get to know my fellow BMW owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Bickers View Post
    I live in Atlanta, GA, and am working on a route to and from the Rally for my BMW Navigator Garmin unit. Any suggestions for route(s), interesting sights along the way, etc? I've allow 7 days to ride out and 7 days to return. The route I'd like to do going out is a more northern route and the route home to swing down through the southwest/south. Any suggestions and/or electronic routes will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm new to this, so please excuse if I've not followed the rules. Thanks
    You have private message..
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Quote Originally Posted by notakeurig View Post
    Bought my 2013 F700GS in November and I am so excited that this rally is almost in my backyard!! I'm only 75 miles North of Salem in SW Washington. Can't wait to attend the rally, volunteer, and get to know my fellow BMW owners.
    Yeah, it should be fun. Haven't been in the Pacific Nothwet for a long time and am so looking forward to riding through the mountains and deserts. Virginny's a nice place once you get out of the city, but can't smell sagebrush back here-nor see Doug Fir and Ponderosa Pine!

Anyone have reservations at the Grand Hotel in Salem that might not be keeping them? don't want to do the camping and it looks like this great hotel is already booked up. Thanks.