Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Including current updates

2013 BMW MOA Rally Chair bmwDeb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
    Hmm, I kinda liked the few Triumphs I've ridden . . . an' their riders too!
    Rally is open to BMW riders and their guests.....
    Deb

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch66 View Post
    Greetings all. Not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, Deb can you direct me to where I should post it? About 60 miles south of the rally site is an old sawmill that runs on steam power. Apparently, its the last of it's kind. The company is Hull-Oakes Sawmill. I contacted the tourist people in Salem and they said they offer tours on tuesdays and thursdays. I was wondering if there would be enough people interested in visiting them on the Thursday before the rally? Here is a youtube video of their operation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwzTtxLjvs
    Thanks and see you in Salem!
    Brad Doyle
    Fairview Heights, IL
    The Forum is the perfect place to put together a Pre-Rally Thursday ride to see the Sawmill and find some outstanding food along the way. We can also put a blurb in the Owners News about the tours.
    Deb

RV Sites?

While I'm sure this issue has been addressed I haven't seen anything yet regarding RV "camping" on the grounds. Will full hook-ups be available and at what additional charge?

Inquiring minds need to know.
    Ron R

Quote Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
    While I'm sure this issue has been addressed I haven't seen anything yet regarding RV "camping" on the grounds. Will full hook-ups be available and at what additional charge?

Inquiring minds need to know.
    March 1 is opening day for Rally pre-registration and RV registration. Unlimited RV camping space with electric service is available, as are also a small number of full service RV sites.

RV spaces pricing should be listed then....

Hope this helps.....
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Quote Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
    March 1 is opening day for Rally pre-registration and RV registration. Unlimited RV camping space with electric service is available, as are also a small number of full service RV sites.

RV spaces pricing should be listed then....

Hope this helps.....
    Very limited number of full-service hook-ups at $125 for the week. All other RV hook-ups are $100 for the week.
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by bmwDeb View Post
    Very limited number of full-service hook-ups at $125 for the week. All other RV hook-ups are $100 for the week.

Thanks
    Ron R

I've never attended a rally. What is the cost to get in with advanced registration or last minute at the gate?
    Walter

G. K. Chesterton wrote - "The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he came to see."

Probably something like what you see here for the 2012 rally:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally12/get_in..._rally_answers

"How much does it cost to attend the Rally?

MOA Members - $35 pre-registration, $40 gate registration. Children - $10 for ages 6-15 pre-registration, $15 for ages 6-15 at the gate. Children under 5 - free.

Non-Members - $45 pre-registration, $50 gate registration."
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by razz2234 View Post
    Is there any chance that the Board can influence Amtrak to have a Rally Train going from, say Chicago to Portland? That might help a LOT of people with limited time to attend the Rally from the East side to the West...there and/or back?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    Great Idea, same timing though. Train goes same speed, more stops. Would be a great time having MOA gatherings in dinning car though, just hard to get tents up in sleeping cars.
    Actually would consider that, it would be fun.
    Empire Builder departing 7/14 (Official Rally Train) still has coach seats but sleeping rooms are sold out. Depart on Tuesday 7/16 or later and arrive during the rally rather than two days prior. Only rooms available on 7/16 as of this writing are $588 Superliner Roomettes. Only rooms available on 7/17 are $1,607 Superliner Bedrooms. Rally Train(s) would be a blast with so many members aboard, but if time is of the essence, flying may be your ticket. Good luck in your planning as I've had a blast at the last two rallies and expect to do the same this year :-)

Cool Where's the "LINK"

Quote Originally Posted by bmwDeb View Post
    March 1st and I am ready to go. Looking for the link and can not find it. Am I mistaken or just missing it?

A previous post states March 1, however I just re-read the Rally info page on the MOA home page and it states April 1. My bad.
    Reminds me of the time I showed up for the first day of school, 6th grade I think, a day early...LOL
    Last edited by BinkleyLane; 03-01-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Conflicting dates.
    B-est M-otorcycle (in the) W-orld
    Have Bike - Will Ride

Huey

RVs at the Rally

Hi All
    Registration is open for the Rally via phone on March 1st and online April 1st. There are only a limited number of full service RV sites available. There are an unlimited number of electric only spots, as we are using the parking area of the fairgrounds.
    I suggest you register via phone if you need a full hookup site. The full hookup sites are remote from the main vendor area of the fairgrounds and there will NOT be any tram service to this area. There will be tram service from the electric only sites.
    HTH
    Gaylord "Huey" Ward
    2013 RV Chair

Quote Originally Posted by HueyC2 View Post
    Hi All
    Registration is open for the Rally via phone on March 1st and online April 1st. There are only a limited number of full service RV sites available. There are an unlimited number of electric only spots, as we are using the parking area of the fairgrounds.
    I suggest you register via phone if you need a full hookup site. The full hookup sites are remote from the main vendor area of the fairgrounds and there will NOT be any tram service to this area. There will be tram service from the electric only sites.
    HTH
    Gaylord "Huey" Ward
    2013 RV Chair
    Hi Huey,
    Thanks for the input. Just finished the process and we are all set. I was informed that the RV Full Hook-up sites are all taken at this time.
    See you all in July.
    B-est M-otorcycle (in the) W-orld
    Have Bike - Will Ride

Quote Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
    Wow, it only took 6 days to change from a Rally info thread in to a whinefest.

Maybe it's time I bump my "Great Things about Rallys" thread.
    I agree, bump it back up... I had such a good time at the Sedalia rally, (my first) that I am looking forward to this event as the must do activity for the year..... Any organized activity will have some glitches.......That's what makes them memorable.... My best recollections of being a boy scout leader with the kids were from the hikes and camp-outs that ended up in the single digits, or rained buckets....

I'm afraid that some folks have just been too pampered all their life, so if they don't get their way all the time, it's time to bash and burn.....

To all the folks providing their valuable free time to bring off this event, I can't say thanks enough.....

Ride safe....!

I'm on the July 15 train....

Is anyone else on the July 15 train to Portland?
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

I will never ride enough

July 15th Train

I am on the July 15th train to Salem from Chicago.
    I am on the July 21st train from Salem back to Chicago.

I'll keep eyes peeled for BMW apparel and such.

SPCLED

2011 R1200RT