Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro cameras

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    You can thanks later Tom. You'll appreciate the remote.
    Uh-oh. I just found out I need a second wifi backpack for my second GoPro. I did not need to learn that you can control up to 50 cameras at once!
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Yea Thats cool Tom. More than one camera. Next question guys. Has anyone with the new Hero HD2 tried a remote mic. I really want to be able to record some talk while I ride. Granted most times overdubbing would be best. I understand the HD2 has a plug for a remote mic.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

I use a remote mic sometimes. I am not providing commentary though. I use it to get out of the wind noise. run the mic to the seam between the rear of the seat and the bodywork. Gets good engine and exhaust sounds without wind noise. I skeletonized one of the cases.
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    Yea Thats cool Tom. More than one camera. Next question guys. Has anyone with the new Hero HD2 tried a remote mic. I really want to be able to record some talk while I ride.
    Drilling out the GoPro case and adding a mic cable is prolly what I'd do and take a tap to feed the mic input from the Autocom.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I like the idea of routing the mic away from the wind noise. I'm going to have to take a look at the housing for the new HD2. I'm betting that I will have to drill a hole for the mic wire.

I just removed my Autocom system as I had nothing but problems with it regarding phone conversations - which I have to do when I ride my bike to the office. I now have the Scala G9 which is working much better. That coupled with a new Schubert C3 helmet has cut the wind noise way down and people can actually understand me now.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    ..............BTW, my GoPro does not stay on and goes off as requested, plugged into charger. ............
    It is when the remote is plugged into power it will not shut off, and turns the camera on also, (in standby mode, NOT recording) thus draining its batteries.

I said I would post an image from my high mount third person camera location. I hope this works. My computer skills are a little lacking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

My GoPro 2 bricked when I tried to do the firmware update for the wifi back. Waiting for a replacement...

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I see most people are using the GOPRO. Does anyone use the Contour Roam? My wife just bought me one. I used it a couple of times and am happy with it. Pretty good quality video.

I have an older Contour (the original HD that does 720p not 1080p) and a Drift Stealth. I prefer the Drift as it has a remote to turn record mode on and off meaning I can mount the camera outside of my normal reach. It also has a small screen to preview camera orientation and set options. I suppose you can use it for playback, too. I didn't like the form factor of the go pro.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    I didn't like the form factor of the go pro.
    GoPro also has wifi remote capability and viewing screen these days.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

HONDARIDER
    I've got the GoPro2 HD with mounts on helmet, front fender, and rear facing from the pannier. I recently recorded my rides on the Tail of the Dragon and it came out really well. You absolutely need the remote though. Stopping to fiddle with it is a pain in the butt so you end up leaving it on longer than you want or not turning it on for something unexpected and exciting like a bear in the middle of the road. Here's my front fender mount...works better than the crash bars or windshield from a vibration standpoint.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been using the GoPro HD for the past 2 years. The major limitation IMHO is poor user interface. The LCD back was a step in the right direction, but still falls short. I haven't used the WiFi back or remote, but would consider them to be an essential accessory. I have missed great video solely as a result of uncertainty of what mode the camera is in, or what the viewpoint of the lens is. The microphone is another a weak spot for moto use. So many areas fall short with this platform I'm seriously considering the Contour platform would be my next choice, not the GoPro HD2...
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

K75S GoPro mount

I broke down and ordered a GoPro 2, question now is how to mount it. I don't care for the helmet mount and space on a K75S is a little limited. Anyone out there have any ideas / sucess with a simple mounting system and position for a K75S?
    Jim Lynch
    K75S

I have the GoPro HD. My only complaint is if the sun is anywhere in the forward 1/3 of my field of view, the entire picture tends to get washed out.
    Experience IS NOT the best teacher! Someone else's experience is the best teacher.