Thread: Salem,OR..:)

Hybrid View

Salem,OR..:)

Its our turn again, West Coasters! A 2nd turn at Oregon in very recent times is very neat. Not much chat here, but it needs some. The BIG Rally will be in our backyards again and many will be needed to step up, chat it up, bring all those Easterner Brethren our way again. Many are already pooping on our 2nd rally in Oregon, so soon! Ever so misguided, imo. Opposite sides of the Cascades, these two rallies, Redmond vs. Salem2013. No comparison, imo. One year out, no biggie, as my time flies the older I get and these come very quick. Join me and prepare way ahead. Randy GSA1200, avid adventure on dirt

All anyone needs to do is compare high temperatures in both locations during this years rally and ask "where would I rather ride" we may get our first 90 degree day of the year in Portland this coming friday.

So sweet:)

As a long time traveller of the NW, I cannot see Salem failing in this regard. Temps will be sweet indeed. I met the Salem City contingent in Sedalia, we spoke it up some and they seem jazzed we're coming. They should be and were very nice folks, representing their City. They were just inside the Rally Country Store, about first folks you saw walking in the a/c'd building. We're gonna place Oregon on the MOAMAP again soon, 2013July. Ya'll bring out the FINE NW hospitality once again. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"GSA1200. Dirt, you bet

Rally

Im hoping to come out on my new GSA; 2070 miles one way if I can swing it at work, Im figuring it will take me four days to get there and four to get home, I dont like to ride on the superslab but I might have to to make this one!

Quote Originally Posted by dogmoon View Post
    Im hoping to come out on my new GSA; 2070 miles one way if I can swing it at work, Im figuring it will take me four days to get there and four to get home, I dont like to ride on the superslab but I might have to to make this one!
    Better to take your time to be safe. We'll be waiting for ya!

I've been waiting for the BMW ralley to get to the west coast and now that it's coming, I still might not make it. I'll be going up to Alaska in June and plan to be in Salem, Or. for the ralley, but the more I read about the great Northwest and what to see and do, I might be up there all summer. After all, if I spend the money (at these gas prices) to get up there, I might as well see and do everything I can while there. So I hope to see everybody in Salem, but if not, just know that I'm busy being happy.
    Ride far enough today so you can't come home untill tomorrow. 1998 BMW 1100GS
    IBA# 47129