Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2003 r1150rt oil filter

Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    total and complete waste of time, money and natural resources, with absolutely no proven benefit.

we have left the 1950s and 60s behind us. better would be to just follow the manufacturer's recommendations of 6K/12K fluid changes.
    Really, you're going to lecture me about natural resources (synthetic oil), and wasting my time and money. Only one person has the authority to lecture me about my time and money, and you don't look like her.

Be careful when you dismount that high horse of yours.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasMule View Post
    Really, you're going to lecture me about natural resources (synthetic oil), and wasting my time and money. Only one person has the authority to lecture me about my time and money, and you don't look like her.

Be careful when you dismount that high horse of yours.
    Wow....

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Wow....
    A little too strong....

I sometimes forget what forum I'm on.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    I have a question. Why do you think you need to change your oil every 3K?

At the risk of getting flamed consider the fact that changing oil every 3K is exactly double the frequency that is recommended by the manufacturer.

BMW uses and recommends regular dino oil. Synthetic oil users usually do so because it lasts even longer, thus justifying the extra cost.

From my rudimentary understanding all synthetic motor oil starts with a large helping of organic base stock which is a natural resource pumped from below or dug up and extracted from tar sands. The rest is chemical compounds and additives. Synthetic oils are not environmentally friendly as some folks might believe.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT