Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tent?

Cabela's XPG Deluxe

I have the Cabela's XPG Deluxe 4 person tent and it is the best tent I've ever had. It is really easy to put up and take down and is very roomy for me and all of my gear. I have been in a few heavy rain storms with this tent and it has never leaked. I took it out on the road for 10 days a couple of years ago when I first got it and it performed beautifully. If you watch Cabela's closely you might also catch them at a time when these are on sale like I did. They also make a lighter, smaller version that is the regular XPG, but I'm quite happy with this one. Good luck with your choice.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemeup View Post
    I have the Cabela's XPG Deluxe 4 person tent and it is the best tent I've ever had.
    I have the XPG 2 and 3, very similar to a number of other tents from Eureka, REI, Kelty, etc. Bulletproof design.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Well, I'll pile on with another vote for Cabelas XPG 3. Bought this with Cabelas points on sale a few years ago and couldn't be happier with the function/quality. The huge mesh area made a nice difference with Sedali's heat this year.

I knew about the small trade-offs before I bought it...smaller vestibules and no second door. I use it solo so not a big deal for me. Haven't had it in any serious wind/weather but other reviews have been very positive.

It's really great to have the huge variety of quality tents to choose from out there...this is one of them.
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

REI Labor Day sale starts 8/24 thru 9/3 Also check their online clearance store for more savings.

Keep an eye on Sierratradingpost.com . They are a little like the big lots of sporting goods. They do have some great deals when you know your specific need.

NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

Cabelas XPG 4, had for 8 years. Love it. It goes on scouting campouts, motorcycle camping & ralleys, family camping.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

Just a bump to remind that REI semi annual sale is now in progress.
    NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

I have an Apache Instant Tent by ATUFFY. It's a four person, nine foot by seven foot, sixfoot two high. It's a great tent,but the tent poles are built into the tent,so it packs kinda large(31"long by 8" round) they do make smaller sizes. If my wife goes along we take the sidecar rig(lottsa carrying cap.) When I go solo I put it across the passenger seat in a Kermit easy pack duffel (large)

Merlin III

Quechau tents

Fast setup and take down are what is mostly important to me. The Quechau tent will set up in 3 seconds and can be taken down and packed away in 45 seconds. You don't even need to stake it down or use the guy lines if you don't want to. There are numerous models and sizes. The only issue I see is carrying it on the bike. I have seen some pics of bike setups that are pretty cool. Purportedly this is what almost everyone at the Dakar event use. These are from a French company, but made in China . : (

Here is a vid of the setup and take down:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQV-...feature=relmfu