Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Gadgets

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar

Rally Gadgets

So who bought cool stuff?
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

After back to back 500+ mile days with a butt buffer sheepskin, my butt was tired! I've always heard great things about the beaded seat covers and questioned everyone I saw. I purchased the ceramic beads and rode 1200 miles home with them.

Wow! It really did make a difference! $55 well spent!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    It seemed counterintuitive in the heat, but I bought a long-sleeved mock turtleneck LD Comfort shirt. In 108 degrees I poured water over it and the moment I started moving it felt like the temp had dropped 30 degrees!

Also had some Skene P3 lights installed on the rear of the hack to make Barley more visible. While getting them installed, Glenn from Clearwater walked past and noticed the anodized black had come off the rings of my Glenda lights. He took down my address and promised to mail free replacements. I mentioned that I wasn't unhappy with the copper look, that IMO it wasn't possible to make a GSA any uglier, but he just smiled and reminded me I paid for black rings. Love that unsolicited customer service!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

iscream-stop
    Got a set of Clearwater lights, It was great being able to compare all the top brands and talk to the people. After talking to all the makers, I settled on the clearwater because of the extra features and the fact they were giving us a deal because "You guys came out dealing with the heat and we are BMW people". They shipped them free, threw in mounting brackets and cut the price.
    Also picked up some Alaska Leathers buttpads, Those guys were great to talk to and it was nice setting on them after bike sat in sun all day.
    I also tried on every brand of jacket and pant there, found what I liked but colors in my size sold out. At least I know what sizes to get.
    Wife got a JMM CD after concert. Had to listen to it all way home.

I only bought things I needed!!........( Just dodged a lightning bolt).I just picked up a 96 R1100RT so I bought a foot for the sidestand and an oil filter wrench from alumi something or other,and I also suffer from notenoughbutt so I bought a beaded seat cover......SO worth the money...And I bought some powerport products. I ran into a GS rider that had the bulkhead port and he showed how he had mounted it to his tankbag and he can charge stuff and keep everything in the tankbag. I did talk myself out of an orange mesh jacket as well as a orange lined jacket...(I'm a skydiver and have a orange parachute soooo).

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    It seemed counterintuitive in the heat, but I bought a long-sleeved mock turtleneck LD Comfort shirt.
    Their skivvies do a great job, will have to look into the long-sleeve shirts, but I'm not crazy about turtle necks. I've been using long sleeve underwear from Cabelas for years. (year round, though not every day)

-Tom (KA1TOX)

A 2nd bead rider seat thingie for another one of my bikes after riding out on one for the first time and loving it, molded ear plugs which work really great and don't hurt my ears, mesh gloves, and most importantly, a cup, I mean bottle, holder for my Kermit chair. No more spilled drinks. Oh, and a tee shirt, stickers, and lots of BBQ.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    Their skivvies do a great job, will have to look into the long-sleeve shirts, but I'm not crazy about turtle necks. I've been using long sleeve underwear from Cabelas for years. (year round, though not every day)
    Mock t-neck. I didn't think I'd like it but the thicker material holds a bit more water which slowly wicks down. I've used LDC shorts and a helmet liner for years, but the shirt really made the difference in the heat.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Mock t-neck. I didn't think I'd like it but the thicker material holds a bit more water which slowly wicks down. I've used LDC shorts and a helmet liner for years, but the shirt really made the difference in the heat.
    Thanks, Pete, will give it a shot, along with some socks.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    No Mar Bar
    Cooling Vest
    Centech Fuse Panel

Gerbings heated coat, gloves and controller. When it got down into the 90's I felt chilled. . Plus he had good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmftoy1 View Post
    Gerbings heated coat, gloves and controller. When it got down into the 90's I felt chilled. . Plus he had good prices.
    I've felt the need for more warmth in the last week. Good purchase!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Larger Micatech bags to replace stock GSA bags. New Big Ear ear plugs as my 5 year old plugs needed replacing.

LD Comfort...best ever! Wife bought the new ladies top. Never wear anything but LD Comfort, hot or cold weather. Again, the best ever!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

New Arai... Gave my old one to a lady waiting in line. (Probably PO'd the guy selling the helmets)

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

BMW MOA license plate frame for the 2012 R1200GSA, Wunderlich headlight protector, radar detector box, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth head set, digital tire pressure guage, drymax socks and the best thing; BikeMaster compact cloth towelettes, just add water and the pill expands into a towelette.