Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Do you wear ATGATT?

MOTGATT.

About the only thing I don't do all the time is the textile overpants. I have a couple pairs of double kneed Carharts but I think I'm going to invest in a couple pairs of armored pants. Some sort of jacket (mesh or other armored), helmet, gloves. Feels funny without the stuff on.
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Helmet always, even where it's not the law, and usually jeans... I've worn shorts a couple of times when it was really hot and got the equivalent of sunburn on my shins from hot air off the engine. When it's 95+ from noon to 8 pm every freakin' day in June, July and August, I can't get comfortable in a jacket and gloves.
    "It's a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes, it rains. Think about that."
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" Laloosh
    R1200RT (die Schonheit), K1200GT (das Tier)

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by BCKRIDER View Post
    Donning all that stuff means I don't take short rides. For a trip I can't make longer I use the car, and don't ride as much as I would like. The price I pay.
    +1

Held Gloves (summer)
    Motoport Mesh Pants & Jacket
    Scorpion EXO 1000 Helmet
    Sidi Boots
    Diki - summer - prevents sunburnt neck; in spring & fall they keep neck warm

Exception: If the bikes are parked for the day in a neighbour's driveway, 3 houses away, I'll wear just the helmet and gloves to bring them home. Wife laughs at this clothing combination.

Stayed off bikes for 33 years after working in hospital operating theatres, seeing injured (non-ATGATT) riders - not pretty sights.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333