Thread: Well done Gate Chairs!

Well done Gate Chairs!

Thank you and well done to Gate Chairs Kevin Greenwald and George Davies!

I have done gate duty and other volunteer functions at several rally's, and Kevin and George were very well organized.

One of the things they did was communicate instructions and expectations to all of us who signed up in advance. They made the job easy and enjoyable.

Thanks Kevin and George
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Couldn't agree more! I had a chance to work with both Kevin and George setting up newly purchased canopies before the first shift on Wednesday. Both those guys had it all worked out and we had a few laughs along the way too.

Kevin's wife, Ann was working just as hard....really enjoyed meeting her as well! It was 105f but we had shade and an unlimited supply of ice-cold water.

Thanks Kevin, Ann, and George!

Mark Timmerman

P.S Thanks Kevin....the Boulevard went down well ;-)

Mark
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

Volunteer made it easy...........

I'm sure that Kevin & Ann will agree with me in saying that it's Volunteer's that make things look easy. Thank you and everyone else that stepped up to the plate for time that could of been spent else where's I'm sure.

The heat didn't make it any easier and with the attendance being down we had a smaller pool of volunteers to work with. None the less everything went smooth and we all thank you.

I'd also like to thank the MOA & the Oasis folks for keeping us supplied with plenty of cold water. Who ever came up with the idea definitely deserves a pat on the back.

Thanks All & Ride Safe,
    P

Thumbs up

Just rolled in last night after 700 brutal miles in temps that peaked at 111.

Still smiling inside my helmet though at all the volunteers that stepped forward and helped George and I staff the gates and welcome all to this 40th Anniversary Party!

Thank You - Kevin (Gates Chair)
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Jon and myself did wed and thur night. Yeah it was hot. Yeah we had a blast. Yeah we will do it agian.