Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rally Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 12886 View Post
    The thread started out with a good suggestion How about a survey to see how things can be improved? Good idea that then deteriorated into a a food/bus argument?? Everything can be improved BMW motorcycles, Honda Autos, etc. etc. thats why they do surveys....So if anyone in charge knows of one of the old surveys but it up and see what happens..maybe a positive idea or two will come from it!!!
    THANK YOU! That's the point I was trying to get across, but this thread got off the track of what I wanted. I hope somebody in a position to do something reads this and makes a post rally survey an automatic thing every year.

Rally Rat

Cool Rally Feedback

OK. So there wasn't a form to fill out! Feedback can be provided in lots of other ways.
    Just by posting here is a perfect example. You can bet that every board member is reading these posts and will act on any good suggestion brought out.
    Often the posts are of the same complaining nature on the same subjects that have been beaten to death for years. That stuff may or may not be responded to, but on the whole, everything printed here gets noticed .
    Another way to provide feedback is through your local Ambassador. They're all listed in the Anon. book. Fielding complaints and suggestions goes with the territory of being an Ambassador. I know. I am one!
    As far as the food goes, I tried out most of the food vendors and can say that it wasn't all that bad. When we have an event like this we don't always have a say about who will be feeding us on site. On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. Can't say much about that hamburger with peanut butter on top, but that was only one place. No. I chickened out and didn't try it.
    The trams worked fine for me but they did tend to bunch up at times. This was noted and most likely be addressed for next year.
    We're always trying to improve the National Rally experience and make changes from year to year based on what we all write about and hear from the membership. So don't stop suggesting and volunteering. Your thoughts do NOT fall on deaf ears.
    Boxerbruce

Quote Originally Posted by 1074 View Post
    OK. So there wasn't a form to fill out! Feedback can be provided in lots of other ways.
    Just by posting here is a perfect example. You can bet that every board member is reading these posts and will act on any good suggestion brought out.
    Often the posts are of the same complaining nature on the same subjects that have been beaten to death for years. That stuff may or may not be responded to, but on the whole, everything printed here gets noticed .
    Another way to provide feedback is through your local Ambassador. They're all listed in the Anon. book. Fielding complaints and suggestions goes with the territory of being an Ambassador. I know. I am one!
    As far as the food goes, I tried out most of the food vendors and can say that it wasn't all that bad. When we have an event like this we don't always have a say about who will be feeding us on site. On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. Can't say much about that hamburger with peanut butter on top, but that was only one place. No. I chickened out and didn't try it.
    The trams worked fine for me but they did tend to bunch up at times. This was noted and most likely be addressed for next year.
    We're always trying to improve the National Rally experience and make changes from year to year based on what we all write about and hear from the membership. So don't stop suggesting and volunteering. Your thoughts do NOT fall on deaf ears.
    I doubt that they have time to read all the posts on here. A survey would give them a quick look at what the biggest issues were at a glance, and then they could maybe do a post about a particular issue after that. As far as food vendors, I don't know if we could have any more control over that, but I and I'm sure a lot of others, prefer to stay at the rally to eat, especially in this really hot weather when it is a real bother to get geared up again to take a short ride to eat outside.

Rally fedback

Yes, it was hot, marginal food is available worldwide, and the shuttles didn't run like the trains in the Fatherland. Did you meet new and old friends, did you learn anything new about BMW's or the club, did you test ride a new model, did you get to ride in a new part of the country, do you have any stories to tell your friends that didn't attend? I thought it was a great rally, the facility was one of the best, the locals were friendly, and the MOA put on a fantastic 40th celebration (even though I didn't win swat!) Look on the bright side, you survived........

Quote Originally Posted by bikenut595 View Post
    Yes, it was hot, marginal food is available worldwide, and the shuttles didn't run like the trains in the Fatherland. Did you meet new and old friends, did you learn anything new about BMW's or the club, did you test ride a new model, did you get to ride in a new part of the country, do you have any stories to tell your friends that didn't attend? I thought it was a great rally, the facility was one of the best, the locals were friendly, and the MOA put on a fantastic 40th celebration (even though I didn't win swat!) Look on the bright side, you survived........
    Yes, overall I had a good time. I just want to make it even better the next time and a survey would help do that. Nothing wrong with trying to improve the experience.

Just one small nit ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1074 View Post
    On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. ...
    They actually were early in the rally. (I arrived on site the prior Sunday to set up Chartered Club Camping.) The main gate by the State Patrol building remained locked until Wednesday, I believe. this necessitated walking around the north end of the fence to get to anything else on site. Then late at night (10:00 PM?) the gate at the south end of the fence was locked as well, cutting us off from the showers (unless you could squeeze through the locked gate) until after 6:00 AM. I'm really happy that was sorted before most of the attendees got there.waklking

I agree WRT the restaurants. I particularly appreciated a decent bowl of oatmeal at Perkins but it became too long a walk once the north gates were locked.
    Hank Barta
    K1200RS, R100R/Velorex 700
    Beautiful Sunny Winfield, IL

Quote Originally Posted by bikenut595 View Post
    +1
    2004 BMW R1150RT

Rally Feedback

My wife and I thought the rally this year was great. Not the best roads to ride around the area but the venue was good. Can't wait until next year in Oregon. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by HANKB View Post
    Just one small nit ...

They actually were early in the rally. (I arrived on site the prior Sunday to set up Chartered Club Camping.) The main gate by the State Patrol building remained locked until Wednesday, I believe. this necessitated walking around the north end of the fence to get to anything else on site. Then late at night (10:00 PM?) the gate at the south end of the fence was locked as well, cutting us off from the showers (unless you could squeeze through the locked gate) until after 6:00 AM. I'm really happy that was sorted before most of the attendees got there..
    The rally didn't "officiallty" start until Thursday... Prior to that the folks on the grounds, (such as yourself) were volunteer set up people. The Fairgrounds requirements are often different prior to that official start of the rally.

The Committee Chairs were advised that only 2 gates would be open until the rally started.

In Gillette we advised folks that arrived early that they were welcome, but prior the rallygrounds being ready to go......things can change. Tents may have to be moved if set-up in areas that are designated for some activity, but not yet marked. We had folks set up in areas that we knew they were going to be sprinkling, and advised early arrivals this would be happening....unfortunately, one early arrival broke the grounds' sprinkler because they didn't like the "shower"....BMW MOA paid for that.

Things can change when the rally opens to the public...Early arrivals are welcome, and may be "put to work"....
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014