Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 1994 K75S High-pitched chirping noise when hot?

Question Radiator damage from fan spindle; how do I prevent this?

Here are pix of the radiator damage caused by "helicoptering" of the fan motor spindle into the back of the radiator.

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO PREVENT THIS OCCURING ASAP ARE SO WELCOME! I plan to put it back together today if possible. Btw, the old fan appeared to mounted correctly!

---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

ex: R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Thumbs up ALL FIXED AT LONG LAST! (Unusual problem to begin with)

The screeching should be gone for good as the culprit was the fan motor---but not the bearings going out at all---the fan motor was fine after I pulled it out.

It WAS, however, the fan propeller "helicoptering" into the back of the radiator causing all the blasted screeching and chirping plaguing me for the last many months!

I fixed it with a small patch of Fast Steel epoxy putty to protect the radiator core from further damage should the propeller center nib try to head into the radiator again.

I posted pix over in my "helicoptering" thread ajacent to this one.

Ironically, it has been way too cold here to even think about going for any sort of test ride but I am already convinced that this problem is solved. It is supposed to warm up into the 60-65 degree range the rest of this week so maybe I will get to take Berlina out for a spin soon, though.

Thanks to all who responded in my time of need!

---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

ex: R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2