Thread: Nice things

Nice things

Were said about us by all the food vendors that i talked to.Words like polite,nice,pleasant were in most all of the replies.What a great group..Ed
    Ed Baker

When eating at the local restaurants, we noticed the locals all seemed to enjoy our company too.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

A buddy and I ate at that barbeque place across from the main entrance and they were super nice also. Super busy but still super nice.

I wish good luck to the young architect serving food in the corner deli by the MC test ride. His dad is real proud of him going to Italy (I think that's where he said he is going to study) and he provided great service. Nice to see a young man helping out his family in business but still having his own dreams to follow.... Congrats to a dad who has done a fine job of raising his son....

Agreed! The locals all seemed enthusiastic and curious about us. I heard great comments everywhere I went.

In particular, the volunteers who worked at the Missouri Beef House were awesome! They were funny, pleasant, and glad to have us. And it was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had! (twice!)

Beef ...... Whats for Dinner........

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Agreed! The locals all seemed enthusiastic and curious about us. I heard great comments everywhere I went.

In particular, the volunteers who worked at the Missouri Beef House were awesome! They were funny, pleasant, and glad to have us. And it was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had! (twice!)
    I have to agree with you Tracy. The Beef Council folks went above the call of duty. They fed the crew at the back gate on numerous occasions and the food was excellent.

Nice folks all around the area and I think they enjoyed our company.

Ride Safe,
    P

Agreed. The food vendors and the restaurant staffs were as pleasant as any place I've been. Pretty good food too!
    Tom McCurdy

Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    I didn't go!
    We Thank you for that too Scottie.

Ed, it was nice seeing you ftf this time, hopefully we can talk more next time.
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-26-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Roy,
    Sorry we didn't get together in Sedalia. Then, I head you were staying in an air-conditioned house you refused to give the address of......

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

iscream-stop
    I tried to compliment every one of them when I got the chance at every where we went. They all did such a good job, everything was clean and food tasted so good. Even on way there at a roadside McD's we met a couple from Sedalia, They were very gracious and gave me detailed directions to fairgrounds and good place to eat around town.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaMac View Post
    Roy,
    Sorry we didn't get together in Sedalia. Then, I head you were staying in an air-conditioned house you refused to give the address of......

Mac
    Yeah, and Deb could have given you the address too.
    I watched the ceremonies, and I thought "That looks like Tom" but when you started dancing, I figured, "No way!"

Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    You are welcome Roy glug,glug glug
    You chuckleheads were missed, and you probably could have slept at Monster house like I did. The A/C was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    A buddy and I ate at that barbeque place across from the main entrance and they were super nice also. Super busy but still super nice.
    Great food and friendly staff

We also ate at the BBQ place on the grounds and the owner was very friendly, visited with us for 5 minutes or so explaining what they do when there were not big events like ours on the grounds.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Food

I was talking to the cashier at the Beef House who said we were the nicest people she had ever met. Asked if she and her husband could attend next year even though they rode a Harley. We told her we would love for them to come.

iscream-stop
    Quote Originally Posted by maacova View Post
    I was talking to the cashier at the Beef House who said we were the nicest people she had ever met. Asked if she and her husband could attend next year even though they rode a Harley. We told her we would love for them to come.
    They will convert when they see they don't have to conform.