Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost Barley stuff

Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye View Post
    As someone who co-chairs a rally with a no dog policy this is specified in the contract to use the site. In other words it is out of our hands.
    It was your choice to choose the site.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye View Post
    As someone who co-chairs a rally with a no dog policy this is specified in the contract to use the site. In other words it is out of our hands.
    For every no dog location there are dozens of irresponsible pet owners who blew it for the rest of us. I really have no gripe with the policy; they are very up front about it. Barley and I just go elsewhere with our spade and our poop bags, trying to set a good example and get folks to not paint all dogs and dog people with the same brush.

Even Barley, as sweet and well mannered as he is, has limits. It's up to me to be aware of them. At the Rally in Sedalia there were a couple of overly-exuberant dogs who got in his face. Barley warned with a growl and a lip curl. We dog owners noticed and went our separate ways to defuse the situation. The responsibility is on us, not them.

I hope the well-behaved dogs at the National policy continues, and that we are as responsible in our handling of our furry friends as we are about our riding.

Pete
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

I just picked up the "bag" off my driveway,where the conscientious owner scooped,then dropped,as soon as no one was looking.For every one of those scum,I am sure there are 10 who actually do the right thing.Funny what you notice and remember though.
    Sometimes,nothing is a real cool hand.

That sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jgr451 View Post
    I just picked up the "bag" off my driveway,where the conscientious owner scooped,then dropped,as soon as no one was looking.For every one of those scum,I am sure there are 10 who actually do the right thing.Funny what you notice and remember though.
    I hope you catch him doing it. I live at the beach and vacationers walk their dogs on my street because it is one block off the main road. My Dad broke several folks from not cleaning up after their dogs. I pity the dogs who have to live with such people. I patrol the yard every morning with a water hose and dissolve the waste. The people who do not pick up are usually night walkers.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

[QUOTE=JDOCKERY132445;809667]Barbie and I have missed a few rally trips because of the NO DOG policy too. Do these people think people who travel with their pets don't know how to properly control or clean up after the pet?

As with most things, knowing and doing are two different things.

When something (like the dogs in this discussion) is banned or prohibited you can bet there is a story to go with it.

When I first got into the MC camping, most campgrounds would not permit motorcycles on their property. Parking outside the gate & carrying your stuff to a campsite was the only option.