Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost Barley stuff

TravelsWithBarley.com

Lost Barley stuff

Barley lost his favorite toy, a reddish rubber ball shaped sort of like a turnip, somewhere between the Beer Garden and the Vendor Buildings.

I also misplaced a red heavy canvas leash about four feet long. It's my fave for maneuvering him thru crowds. It may have been left behind when I pulled into the bike washing station to hose him down when he was having trouble with the heat, or by the Autocomm install tent. Here's a pic of them both.

Please PM me if you've found either. I'll pay postage and send you a care package of gourmet coffee as thanks.

Pete
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Pete....good luck with getting Barley's things returned. You've probably already checked with lost and found but it's worth a try if you haven't.

I really enjoyed meeting you and Barley in the one of the vendor bldgs Thusday. What a great riding partner you have there. Safe travels back home.

Mark
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rebgen View Post
    Pete....good luck with getting Barley's things returned. You've probably already checked with lost and found but it's worth a try if you haven't.

I really enjoyed meeting you and Barley in the one of the vendor bldgs Thusday. What a great riding partner you have there. Safe travels back home.

Mark
    +1! Great to meet you and Barley! Barley is a real trooper! Good luck finding the favorite items. Hope to see you two around in New England.

Louise

Pocono Bill

Smile Barley's Leash

Pete, some good news for you, sorta.

I was chairman of Communications/ Lost and Found. Indeed, Barley's leash was returned to Lost and Found and we had it waiting. At the end of the rally all items not claimed are boxed and sent back to the MOA Headquarters. The downer is that it will take a little time for the staff to get the semi unloaded.

I would suggest to you that you contact the MOA staff and alert them to be on the lookout for the red leash in the "Lost and Found" box.

Glad to be of help.

Bill Hamilton

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Thanks, Bill. By the time I noticed it was missing the Sedalia PD had taken over. I love that leash, so will be sending the MOA some coffee!

Thanks again. Pete

I hope you get Barley's gear back.

On a more positive note, I think I saw your bike in the AutoComm area. Does this mean that Barley can now tell you when he has to take a pit-stop?

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspice View Post
    I hope you get Barley's gear back.

On a more positive note, I think I saw your bike in the AutoComm area. Does this mean that Barley can now tell you when he has to take a pit-stop?
    You laugh, but I was actually wondering if I could rig a small speaker for him! Nah, we were getting a set of those fantastic Skene P3s installed on the back of the tub. Love those things!

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    we were getting a set of those fantastic Skene P3s installed on the back of the tub. Love those things!
    I like 'em on my bike, but HATE following someone who has them!
    Last edited by tommcgee; 07-25-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: speling
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Have you ever considered getting Barley a chill out vest? Would that work on a dog, Peter?

Best,
    Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    Have you ever considered getting Barley a chill out vest? Would that work on a dog, Peter?

Best,
    Muriel
    I did, but unless he sits up he gets no evaporative cooling and it just acts as another insulating layer to keep his body heat in. If I wet him and he sits up, he sheds heat but his head is in direct sunlight. I might go with Hannigan's ragtop. It would keep the sun off him, but with the side windows removed he'd still get the breeze.

He was so glad to be home that he offered no protest when Rusty jumped into the hack and made himself at home!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I want to thank Tammy from the MOA HQ for returning the leash my silly human misplaced in Sedalia. It was my favorite leash, and I'm very grateful for its safe delivery.

Barley

Hey Pete and Barley, glad you both are well! Will you be at the Finger Lakes Rally? We plan to be there as usual.

Julie and Chuck
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Hey Pete and Barley, glad you both are well! Will you be at the Finger Lakes Rally? We plan to be there as usual.

Julie and Chuck
    Probably not. That location is not dog friendly.

Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Probably not. That location is not dog friendly.
    Barbie and I have missed a few rally trips because of the NO DOG policy too. Do these people think people who travel with their pets don't know how to properly control or clean up after the pet?

I enjoyed talking to Barley at the rally. Barbie's dog fits into an infant carrier; hope they get to meet in the future.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    Barbie and I have missed a few rally trips because of the NO DOG policy too. Do these people think people who travel with their pets don't know how to properly control or clean up after the pet?

I enjoyed talking to Barley at the rally. Barbie's dog fits into an infant carrier; hope they get to meet in the future.
    As someone who co-chairs a rally with a no dog policy this is specified in the contract to use the site. In other words it is out of our hands.