Thread: Cincinnati to State College PA suggested route

Question Cincinnati to State College PA suggested route

Plan my ride from Carbondale, IL to State College PA mid August. Want to avoid interstate to the extent possible. Have friends in Cincinnati and route planned to there. Need advice for next leg-- one or two days? Buck

Quote Originally Posted by buckhales View Post
    Plan my ride from Carbondale, IL to State College PA mid August. Want to avoid interstate to the extent possible. Have friends in Cincinnati and route planned to there. Need advice for next leg-- one or two days? Buck
    Hey Buck, where you been? Welcome to the forum. I'm going to move this to the Ride Report area. The members over there should be able to take care of you. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

what bike are you riding and what type of roads do you like?

If it were me on my R11RS, I'd be looking at one long day with as many turns as possible, like this:

View Larger Map

I put too many points on the map, so it is a bit wonky. click the link and zoom out to see the route

Disclaimer, I haven't been on all of these roads, fewer and more distant in my past as you approach state college. Hopefully others with more local road knowledge can chime in. SR 26 in Ohio from Marietta to SR 800 is one of my favorites.

That's a good run!

Been on most all of them. Nice.

jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

great suggestions

Thanks for the advice and for welcoming me to the forum. I've been off the grid for the past ten days thus my slow reply. The route from Cincinnati through Ohio looks like a great ride for my RT1150. Thanks guys, see you on the road.

buck

route revision: OH-255 between OH-800 and OH-7 is closed. OH-800 south is a fun alternative, especially the switchbacks at the end as you come down to the river. It also gives you the option to hop on the ferry and head to Sistersville WV and jump on WV-2, heading North to WV-7.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=O...14,15&t=m&z=11