Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: The rally just ended for me....

  1. #1
    Registered User tvtommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122

    The rally just ended for me....

    Because some idiot decided to shoot up a movie theatre in Colorado.

    Today looks like the best weather day too....it was 77 degrees when I left the hotel this morning. I should have camped. Uggh.

    I had a better time than I thought I would have. MOA and volunteers should be proud.

    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

  2. #2
    Outlander Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    6,235
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

  3. #3
    What, me worry? GILLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Evansville, WI
    Posts
    1,918
    Why??
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

  4. #4
    OldBMWMaster JDOCKERY132445's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pleasure Island. NC
    Posts
    938

    ???

    Am I the only one who was not able to figure out what a shooting in Colorado had to do with a rally in Missouri to a guy in Illinois?
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6

    Rally Ending

    I used to be on a "Critical Incident Response Team" that helped out with the consequences of incidents such as the shooting. The Red Cross also has a Disaster Mental Health group that could get called out for such an event (my team got called for Colombine). I can easily see someone "having the Rally end for them" if their job involved responding to evil incidents as this shooting.....-Matt Parkhouse, RN

  6. #6
    Registered User lkraus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    343
    From his profile:

    About tvtommy

    Occupation
    Network Television Satellite Engineer


    Since I just watched the network evening news broadcast live from Aurora, I'm guessing he wished he left his cell phone at home.

  7. #7
    What, me worry? GILLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Evansville, WI
    Posts
    1,918
    I guess I can understand someone having a job where you are always "on call" to a certain extent. Sux when you can't make plans to go to a rally 3 or 4 states away without worrying about having to go back right after you get there. For a family emergency, sure, but not for work.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

  8. #8
    Registered User tvtommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122
    Tv is not a glam job.

    In the ten years I have been with my network, a vacation has only been interrupted one other time, and that's when Reagan died. Not Bad odds I guess.

    I did have a great time while I was there. Dropped the bike at a friends Place in KC and drove to Lincoln. Met our production truck. We finish the drive and start working tomorrow.
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

  9. #9
    Registered User tvtommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    From his profile:

    About tvtommy

    Occupation
    Network Television Satellite Engineer


    Since I just watched the network evening news broadcast live from Aurora, I'm guessing he wished he left his cell phone at home.
    You are so correct.
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

  10. #10
    sMiling Voni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    53 sMiles south of Alpine, TX USA
    Posts
    4,578
    Thank you tvtommy!

    We'll lift a glass to you in the beer tent tomorrow night!

    Safe travels.

    Voni
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

  11. #11
    Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I guess I can understand someone having a job where you are always "on call" to a certain extent. Sux when you can't make plans to go to a rally 3 or 4 states away without worrying about having to go back right after you get there. For a family emergency, sure, but not for work.
    It sucks worse when you have a job that is boring. I'm thankful I never have.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

    -Tom (KA1TOX)

  12. #12
    advrider.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtommy View Post
    Because some idiot decided to shoot up a movie theatre in Colorado.

    Today looks like the best weather day too....it was 77 degrees when I left the hotel this morning. I should have camped. Uggh.

    I had a better time than I thought I would have. MOA and volunteers should be proud.

    So, a bunch of people were killed and we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you put it on the news?

  13. #13
    Registered User tvtommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    So, a bunch of people were killed and we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you put it on the news?
    No, I'm saying it ended for me, I had a good time, see ya'all later.
    2008 R12R
    2009 HD Ultra Classic

  14. #14
    johnnywishbone
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    So, a bunch of people were killed and we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you put it on the news?
    ok.

  15. #15
    07 R1200GS Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Killdeer, ND
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    So, a bunch of people were killed and we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you put it on the news?
    C'mon Dude....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •