Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: K1600 Forum

Are we talking about K1600 forum.com
    I have followed that site since I got my 1600, wealth of information, do not see a lot of negatives other than the issues we all have with our 1600's, switches, coolant leaks etc. have met up with several of the inmates on the site for various rides in the local area. All are 100% serious riders! who love to tinker with their bikes
    Overall a great site

Just goes to show: You can please some of the people part of the time, Part of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time.
    (Was that too political? )

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

I don't see what the issues are. Most of the stuff is in sub-forums that one doesn't have to read if one doesn't want to. Same for the whole site. I prefer forums where almost anything goes. Too many rules and too much decorum leads to group think and propaganda. If a dealer is good, lets hear it, if they are bad, lets hear it. Let the reader decide what information is useful or not. There are too many control freaks in the world.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

OK, one more time just for grins. I personally think anything and everything should come out on a dealer or repair shop. No one bars repair shops from surfing the interweb and find out what is being said. No one tells them they can't reply to what has been printed. What better way is there to find out if a dealer or repair business is good or bad. Oh! I know, we will ONLY allow good things to be said and then the reader can draw a conclusion from only GOOD feedback. Yeah, right and your check is in the mail........and we will all walk down the Primrose Path hand in hand singing" Over The Rainbow".

Rick

Yes, the K1600 forum gets off track on occasion. But, if you are looking for technical advice or the most recent farkle available for a K1600 it is the place to go. You just have to be smart enough to know when BS comes in to play... I've been frequenting the K1600 forum since I got my GT last year, no issues.
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

Quote Originally Posted by gunnert View Post
    Yes, the K1600 forum gets off track on occasion. But, if you are looking for technical advice or the most recent farkle available for a K1600 it is the place to go. You just have to be smart enough to know when BS comes in to play... I've been frequenting the K1600 forum since I got my GT last year, no issues.
    K1600 Forum is a terrific source of information for the bike I own and enjoy---and I'm a fan. I'm there for information and to read about motorcycles and gear. Truth is, I just don't get caught up in all the BS that people on these boards seem to get all worked up about.
    Mike M
    2014 GSA
    MOA# 86571

I get a lot of useful information on the K1600 Forum, much the same as I used to get from the BMWLT.com forum.
    Brian Hall
    Remember, the early worm gets eaten...
    '13 GTL - "Eva"
    IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike m View Post
    K1600 Forum is a terrific source of information for the bike I own and enjoy---and I'm a fan. I'm there for information and to read about motorcycles and gear. Truth is, I just don't get caught up in all the BS that people on these boards seem to get all worked up about.
    +1, Gunny; I'm with Mike in not getting caught up in BS that does not matter, K1600 Forum has a wealth of information on our Beemers and I have met a number of great folks to ride with at K1600 Forum. A bunch of us K1600 Forumites are riding from Southwest US to the Austin Texas GP in April.

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/sout...austin-tx.html
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jogitu View Post
    How many of you go to this forum? Are all the mods 16 year old girls or just really sensitive girly men? When I bought my GTL did I miss the part where I was to buy a skirt to fit in? Should I have kept my RT so I can ride with men? Can you get strike 3 on another forum?
    Never had a problem with them, seems like the normal forum chatter and mods (I really only have conversations w one; RL), no probs, he's very helpful!
    Business comes first, riding comes always. One puts bread on the table, the other eats all the bread. Oh well, I'm riding happy!
    Go-Karts 'R' us | Power-Sports Forum

Quote Originally Posted by beemerdons View Post
    +1, Gunny; I'm with Mike in not getting caught up in BS that does not matter, K1600 Forum has a wealth of information on our Beemers and I have met a number of great folks to ride with at K1600 Forum. A bunch of us K1600 Forumites are riding from Southwest US to the Austin Texas GP in April.

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/sout...austin-tx.html
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by cdiaz View Post
    I find the k1600 forum very useful...
    Me too.

Ditto

I like the site. Lots of info there.
    One toke over the line

jnowell7

I had a 1976 R90/6 and then a 2005 1200RT, and then bought a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. I was thinking about getting back into BMW's with a 1600GT, so that's why I got on this forum---to see if there were any posts of trouble with the 1600 and to see how current owners liked their bikes. I had read about leaking water pumps and shifting problems. Any feedback from either those who have had problems or from those who love their GT's?

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 184561 View Post
    I had a 1976 R90/6 and then a 2005 1200RT, and then bought a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. I was thinking about getting back into BMW's with a 1600GT, so that's why I got on this forum---to see if there were any posts of trouble with the 1600 and to see how current owners liked their bikes. I had read about leaking water pumps and shifting problems. Any feedback from either those who have had problems or from those who love their GT's?
    I heartily recommend you just join the K1600 Forum, there is no use reinventing the wheel here. It is free and there are 201 pages in just the General Motorcycle Discussions alone, they welcome other model riders to join and ask question there before purchasing a K1600. I was on a R1150RT, R1100GS and an F800GS when I purchased my K16GT; it's free! http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...l-discussions/
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89