Thread: Day Ride in the Ozarks (Paved)

Hybrid View

Day Ride in the Ozarks (Paved)

I'm looking for a paved ride down into some nice roads in the Ozarks and back Friday from the rally. Anyone have a nice ride mapped out they would care to share or wouldn't mind me tagging along. Thinking of leaving in morning, grabbing lunch and getting back early afternoon.

A Map Source route would be icing on the cake!

Thanks,

-Dennis
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (traded)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

Just head south. About 20/30 miles north of the Arkansas border it will start to get fun. The lettered roads are the most in generall.
    Rob Lessen

'07 R12RT
    '14 R12RT LC

TravelsWithBarley.com
    125 on the Missouri side is freshly paved from the ferry landing north about 50 miles. The curves are so perfectly banked that I'll bet the road commissioner rides! I did side trips on DD and E; both were enjoyable. From Springfield north things are pretty flat save around Lake of the Ozarks. The road across the Truman Dam near Warsaw is open to traffic.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    125 on the Missouri side is freshly paved from the ferry landing north about 50 miles. The curves are so perfectly banked that I'll bet the road commissioner rides! I did side trips on DD and E; both were enjoyable. From Springfield north things are pretty flat save around Lake of the Ozarks. The road across the Truman Dam near Warsaw is open to traffic.
    - this is a good road.

On the southeast side of Sedalia... look for roads M and V. Nice paved sweepers.

The GS Giants mapped out a bunch of rides, and all the routes are downloadable. But they all have gravel. You could just skip those parts....

Ian

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

To get to the 'good roads' in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas, it is unfortunately about 150 miles of boring US65 to get there.

An alternate idea, head east along the Missouri River to a town called Herman...stuff to see and eat there,plus some decent roads to and from on both sides of the river.

AVOID Camdenton and Osage Beach or any other town on Lake of the Ozarks and US 54 Friday afternoon...LOTS of people/traffic going to the lake. Lots of traffic signals...no fun..BTDT!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT