Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hwy. 14 in Arkansas

My lips are sealed.

Thumbs up

In traveling from Copperas Cove, TX to Sedalia I was advised to take Rt 7 in AR. If Rt 14 is as good or better than Rt 7 I will have to return to AR and check it out. Feedback from those that post on this forum is used by me when traveling cross country. I get great satisfaction from riding 2 lane highways through out this country. The scenery is great, the traffic light, and the local eateries usually much better than those found along super slabs. Ride Safe
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

Coming north out of Texas heading to Mo. to the National riding 7 makes since as it basically runs north/south. 2bikemike was coming from the east, so 14 and 16 made since for him. 7 is an outstanding highway, the only real problem is that it is well known to bike riders , car and motor home tourist, etc; so alot of the time your in a caravan of cars, trucks, and motor homes. His operative statement was that most of the time he was the only vehicle in sight pretty much says it all. Sweet 16 is one fine ride, Searcy to Siloam Springs. And on top of that there are many great roads that cross it for an endless array of optional excellent rides. Arkansas is a Natural.