Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hwy. 14 in Arkansas

Hwy. 14 in Arkansas

Anyone ridden this road? I'm considering this route from Payneway to Omaha, AR. I'm taking the long way into Sedalia.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

It's a winner. Road that ride probably 100 times. It'll work for Ya. If you come back that way be sure to come back thru Potum, Mo. on Hiway 125 and run the ferry to Peel, Ar. The last ferry in Ar. Ride and enjoy.

14 is a nice road.
    If you have time, run up 341 and back before continuing north on 14. 341 is east of Big Flat and is know as Push Mt. Road.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Thanks for the info.
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

This link has some Push Mountain pictures.

http://www.ozarkmtns.com/sylamore/ph...untainroad.asp
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Wow lived here most of my life and I've never heard of this road.

The area in and around the White River, Buffalo River, Greers Ferry Lake, and Ozark National Forrest has some very intertaining roads. It doesn't have the higher peaks of the more western mountains of the Ozarks, Bosten and Ouachita areas, so this area tends to get overlooked. Highway's 9 and 5 are entertaining. I really like 9 from Mt. View to Melbourne and 58 that runs down to Guion on both sides of the White River. Another neat stretch is 263 south of Prim to Greers Ferry Lake. Now I want to load up and head over there and ride, then ride over to the National. I need to do less texting and spend more time riding.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    The area in and around the White River, Buffalo River, Greers Ferry Lake, and Ozark National Forrest has some very intertaining roads. It doesn't have the higher peaks of the more western mountains of the Ozarks, Bosten and Ouachita areas, so this area tends to get overlooked. Highway's 9 and 5 are entertaining. I really like 9 from Mt. View to Melbourne and 58 that runs down to Guion on both sides of the White River. Another neat stretch is 263 south of Prim to Greers Ferry Lake. Now I want to load up and head over there and ride, then ride over to the National. I need to do less texting and spend more time riding.
    I've marked those for future adventures. Thanks. My tenative plan is to make a quick exit out of Tennessee() on Tuesday and head to Lake Poinsett S.P. for the night. I plan on riding 14 all the way to Yellville and head to Withrow Springs S.P. for Wednesday night. I do have some deviations planned as time allows. Wednesday will find me entering Oklahoma as well as Kansas and then into Sedalia.
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

I'm not trying to mess up your ride. But, I do have one more suggestion. Check out Hiway 16. Pick it up at Searcy, Ar. and follow it west/northwest. Thru Greer Ferry Lake then winding west in a meandering fashion all over the Ozarks. This is really probably the best unknown road in Arkansas. Hooks up with the famous Scenic 7, then rambles west/northest to the south side of Fayettville then on over to Siloam Springs, which borders Ok. You can also get off 16 and head up to Withrow Springs on 21, So many roads so little time, it really never ends. Whichever route you take to Sedalia, I think the roads in Ar. will be the ones you remember.

I'm not trying to mess up your ride. But, I do have one more suggestion. Check out Hiway 16. Pick it up at Searcy, Ar. and follow it west/northwest. Thru Greer Ferry Lake then winding west in a meandering fashion all over the Ozarks. This is really probably the best unknown road in Arkansas. Hooks up with the famous Scenic 7, then rambles west/northest to the south side of Fayettville then on over to Siloam Springs, which borders Ok. You can also get off 16 and head up to Withrow Springs on 21, So many roads so little time, it really never ends. Whichever route you take to Sedalia, I think the roads in Ar. will be the ones you remember.
    +1 on Hwy 16.
    We've gone to Arkansas the last five years in Oct. and we always hit 16.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

I'll check my atlas a bit later. Thanks.
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This link has some Push Mountain pictures.

http://www.ozarkmtns.com/sylamore/ph...untainroad.asp
    Been on that road several times...a lot of times it is just me
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I picked up hwy. 16 at Greers Ferry. It proved to be a very entertaining road to travel. Lots of curves and elevation changes. Traffic was very light and oft times I was the only vehicle in sight. This was home for my second night on the road at Withrow Springs State Park. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

shhh....don't tell anyone
    2010 R1200RT
    GO HOGS!