Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ldc comfort products

Quote Originally Posted by dlowry View Post
    My only beef with the tights is they are WAY too long and I'm too lazy to get them shortened. (5'11", 32 inseam) If they had calf length, I'd grab a pair of them in a heartbeat.
    I have 2 pair of the shorts and a pair of tights. Being of limited inseam, they are all too long. I just cut them off to the length I want with a pair of scissors. No unravelling or fraying ... good to go.
    gbeemer
    BMWMOA #130067
    2014 BMW R1200RT

Just got back from a 6650 mile trip out west on my GS. I used the LDC, Under Armor Heat Gear, and Wal-Mart "Starter" brand undies. The LDC are the hottest of the group. The Under Armor and Starter were about even as far as the heat goes. They were both much cooler than the LDC. The Starter brand felt the most comfortable and pulled the moisture from my backside the best. The LDC felt clamy every time I wore them. All wash easily at the motels. The Starters dried the fastest. LDC $50 a pair. Under Armor $24 a pair. Stater $6 a pair. A no brainer for me in the future. Just my 2cts worth.
    Tim2

Quote Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
    +
    I tried bike shorts, with the padding, felt very uncomfortable to me, as if I'd.. ummm.. crapped my shorts - well, you know what I mean. (DAMHIKT, I just do..)
    I biked 150 miles a week for decades so I'm used to that. And I still have a bunch of good quality bike shorts. Just looking at the web page, I can't see anything that justifies replacing them until they wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by tewster2 View Post
    Just got back from a 6650 mile trip out west on my GS. I used the LDC, Under Armor Heat Gear, and Wal-Mart "Starter" brand undies. The LDC are the hottest of the group. The Under Armor and Starter were about even as far as the heat goes. They were both much cooler than the LDC. The Starter brand felt the most comfortable and pulled the moisture from my backside the best. The LDC felt clamy every time I wore them. All wash easily at the motels. The Starters dried the fastest. LDC $50 a pair. Under Armor $24 a pair. Stater $6 a pair. A no brainer for me in the future. Just my 2cts worth.
    I bought two pair of the Wal-Mart Starters brand ($10 a pair at my store). They are comfortable for normal use and have done well on local day rides up to 350 miles. There is more than one fabric in Starters brand...get the one with the polyester and spandex mix.

None of the motorcycle stores in my area stock evaporating cooling vests, so I am going to try soaking an old flannel shirt and see how long it will last.

It has been many years since I filled my boots with water in the desert southwest, but that is also an option.
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK1200RS View Post
    I bought two pair of the Wal-Mart Starters brand ($10 a pair at my store). They are comfortable for normal use and have done well on local day rides up to 350 miles. There is more than one fabric in Starters brand...get the one with the polyester and spandex mix.

None of the motorcycle stores in my area stock evaporating cooling vests, so I am going to try soaking an old flannel shirt and see how long it will last.

It has been many years since I filled my boots with water in the desert southwest, but that is also an option.
    Good luck with soaking your flannel shirt. (I have touted several times my heavy cotton pullover that zips up the neck for cooling purposes.) Neck cooling is also great. To avoid water running down into your pants, you might want to amputate the bottom of the shirt with pinking shears at about belly button level. Unless you have vents in the arms of your riding jacket, you might also want to amputate the sleeves. The more water your garment holds, the longer the cooling effect lasts. With low humidity and temps in the mid 90's that pullover would cool me for about three hours under a mesh jacket.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS