Thread: Zumo 660, Sena SMH10 + iPhone

Zumo 660, Sena SMH10 + iPhone

Bought a new Zumo 660 and paired it to the iPhone, then paired the Zumo to the Sena (this is the way the video on YouTube shows to do it). When I make a call, the person on the other end says it sounds like I am under water and they can't make out a word I'm saying. Has anyone else had a problem with sound quality with this setup? The firmware on all of the units is up-to-date.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

Someone over on ADV reported the exact same thing, turned out the microphone was installed backwards.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791000
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Microphone is installed correctly. When I pair it directly to my iPhone without the Zumo, it is clear as a bell and the person that I call hears me perfectly.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Someone over on ADV reported the exact same thing, turned out the microphone was installed backwards.
    Just to make sure, I checked my helmet. The mic is in the correct position .
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE

I'd call Sena. Apparently the customer service is quite good. That is one of many reasons the SMH10 is at the top of my get list
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Registered User bluegrasspicker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    Bought a new Zumo 660 and paired it to the iPhone, then paired the Zumo to the Sena (this is the way the video on YouTube shows to do it). When I make a call, the person on the other end says it sounds like I am under water and they can't make out a word I'm saying. Has anyone else had a problem with sound quality with this setup? The firmware on all of the units is up-to-date.
    I believe the best solution is to pair the sena to your iphone, use your iphone for music, and give up the voice prompts on the zumo while the iphone is connected.

Managing music is much easier this way also.
    Tom Barrie
    http://bluegrasspicker.blogspot.com/
    2012 K1600GTL
    2002 R1150RT (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassPicker View Post
    I believe the best solution is to pair the sena to your iphone, use your iphone for music, and give up the voice prompts on the zumo while the iphone is connected
    I went back to the way it was originally. I paired the phone to the Sena and the Zumo uses an audio out to a Mixit amp with a dongle attached. I get the Zumo GPS prompts and radar detector warnings along with MP3 music. I use the phone button on the Sena for voice dialing.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE