Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sherpa area at moa 2012

No, individual power for fans, etc is not available in the sherpa area.

The battery operated fans work well. We have two that operate on D cell batteries and run for a couple of nights before exhausting batteries.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
    Ted has a nice setup. He provides an area for charging cell phones and small electronics but, if you are looking for something along the lines of a CPAP, I'm not sure about that.
    I'll have a CPAP area for power, plus I have three tents in general population with a CPAP requirement that I'll have to use deep cycle batteries for power.

CPAP residency seems to be growing fast each year. If I find that someone requested CPAP just to get power, I will no longer accept them as a customer. I can't run extension cords to all 80+ tents, that's just not reasonable.
    Camping guy

Quote Originally Posted by EZEC View Post
    wanting power for a fan!
    I couldn't have answered it better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    No, individual power for fans, etc is not available in the sherpa area.

The battery operated fans work well. We have two that operate on D cell batteries and run for a couple of nights before exhausting batteries.

CPAP is a medical need and I have to do extra work to accommodate this requirement, not to mention all the extra extension cords I have to buy and provide. I will not tolerate folks claiming medical need just to have handy electricity at their tent. That is a serious abuse of my trust.

I will provide electricity in the Sherpa awning area for recharging phones and other rechargeable devices.
    Camping guy