Thread: Problems pairing Sena SMH10 to the audio system

DJimmy

Problems pairing Sena SMH10 to the audio system

I have terrible sound issues when pairing the Sena to my K1600GT It sounds like a very bad cell phone
    Signal, breaking up constantly. Has anyone figured out ow to make these two systems work?

Is there any way to try the SMH-10 on another K1600?

While I don't have a K1600, I do have an SMH-10 and it does well with Bluetooth audio from both an HTC Incredible 2 and a Zumo 660. If anything, I'd expect pairing to be the hard part. Since you are hearing something, I assume you were able to pair with the bike's BT system. That the connection sounds as bad as it does suggests the possibility that the bike's not getting a good signal out or the SMH-10 can't hear it. And that suggests plan b: if possible, try another SMH-10 with the bike. However, if the SMH-10 works well with other devices but stumbles in talking to the bike, I'd suspect the bike's BT system has problems. Hence the suggestion to try pairing to another K1600.
    Don't let your bike go anywhere your brain hasn't already been five seconds ago...

azrtrdr
    Try Turning your bike's treble and bass settings all they way down. If this helps as it did on my RT's system then you should be good.

Why would killing bass and treble do anything other than produce miserable sound?
    Don't let your bike go anywhere your brain hasn't already been five seconds ago...

azrtrdr
    Try it and see..

Registered User bluegrasspicker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjimmy View Post
    I have terrible sound issues when pairing the Sena to my K1600GT It sounds like a very bad cell phone
    Signal, breaking up constantly. Has anyone figured out ow to make these two systems work?
    If you have a Nav iV. Turn off the bluetooth on the Nav IV...
    Tom Barrie
    http://bluegrasspicker.blogspot.com/
    2012 K1600GTL
    2002 R1150RT (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjimmy View Post
    Duh! Try turning down the volume of the signal from the K1600. It may well be you're hearing distortion from too "loud" a signal from the bike's audio. Sorry I didn't think of that sooner.

There's a good write up on pairing the smh10 to the k1600 on k1600forum.com . Using latest BMW flash v4.0 it works great on my bike as helmet #1 but won't work as helmet #2. Only thing you lose is thumb wheel volume control. Sound quality is much better than C3/communicator

No loss on the helmet #2 issue if both riders have SMH-10's; the SMH-10's provide the intercom function. I'm surprised the volume ring stops working, though.

Sena just released V4.1 firmware that addresses some K1600 issues. Take a look at the thread here that mentions it.
    BMW 2005 K1200LT
    Suzuki 1979 GS1000E