Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather looking good so far: 30 day forecast

Weather looking good so far: 30 day forecast

Here is a 30 day forecast for Sedalia. So far it looks like upper 80's, lower 90s, which would make it at least 10 to 15 degrees cooler than last years rally, plus more AC'd facilities.

http://www.weathertrends360.com/Graph/30day/ZU65302
    Ub
    05 K12S . 86 R65

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 39520 View Post
    Here is a 30 day forecast for Sedalia. So far it looks like upper 80's, lower 90s, which would make it at least 10 to 15 degrees cooler than last years rally, plus more AC'd facilities.

http://www.weathertrends360.com/Graph/30day/ZU65302
    While I applaud your enthusiasm, weather predictions 30 days out? Really???!

I have a bridge for sale.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Well, at least the rally isn't tomorrow (6-28-12) ! 106 is the forecast high.

Eeeeek:(

106 in Sedalia? Thats an oven. Rode through there on our way to Lima,Ohio a few years back and MO. was all over the 100mark,ugly. I pray the rally isn't another burner. On our KLT1200 that year, we found stopping for cool breaks/drinking a lot, turned out to be "so more" frequent, but needed. Last year, riding across Kansas, I hit 114f on US50 and I thought i'd died on the GSA1200. Couldn't drink enough! By the time I hit Garden City,KS. a storm blew in, dropped to 75f in two miles from 109f. Wow, storms cool things off quickly. Was I relieved. Anyhow, riding through middle America(Summertime) has its challenges. Know your ability and water intake should be scheduled WISELY. Randy

I live in NW Arkansas and it has been really hot. 103 today. I'm expecting it to be hot and humid at the rally. But is is 350 miles north of here. We will ride it in one day this year. A friend and myself are going to ride the old R bikes He has a 1970 R75/5 with a sidecar and I have an 78 R80RT. Hot and muggy is what i'm expecting. But after a day or so i'm pretty used to it. Drink plenty of water and take lots of breaks.If ya come through Arkansas take your time. We have some beautiful country here.

I'm out this yr. no more 100+ for me & now tornados .............. good luck to all
    Don't forget your red shoes & your little dog too....
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

After last year, I bought a battery operated tent fan to bring along. It's a little bulkier than I'd like, but it should do the trick. Looking forward to another great time!

Will there be ICE for sale at the rally. A ziplock bag of ice wrapped in a few old shirts is nice to cuddle with when the temp is 90 at 11 in the evening.

Rod

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    I forget where I heard this - "Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get."
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

It is hot however, it is a dry heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    I live in NW Arkansas and it has been really hot. 103 today. I'm expecting it to be hot and humid at the rally. But is is 350 miles north of here. We will ride it in one day this year. A friend and myself are going to ride the old R bikes He has a 1970 R75/5 with a sidecar and I have an 78 R80RT. Hot and muggy is what i'm expecting. But after a day or so i'm pretty used to it. Drink plenty of water and take lots of breaks.If ya come through Arkansas take your time. We have some beautiful country here.
    This!
    2010 R1200RT
    GO HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by ajayhawkfan View Post
    It is hot however, it is a dry heat.
    The same thing could be said of Hell.

I plan, none the less, to be at the rally.
    Enjoying it.
    A lot.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    heard that heat can be hard on older folks We're going to the kitchen ..... heat and all... no rockin' chair here. And, Arkansas (Layton).... we look forward to riding slow through some time because we have not, so far (well, not to do it any justice). - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    After last year, I bought a battery operated tent fan to bring along. It's a little bulkier than I'd like, but it should do the trick. Looking forward to another great time!
    I did the same thing, plus bought a small set of saddlebags for Barley. I figure if the heat is too much for him I'll put a couple of ziplock bags of ice water in each pouch and let him carry his own AC. And we carry lots of water!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Already 93 degrees in Sedalia this morning at 9am, predicted high is 105. Sure hope it isn't like this in 2 weeks. I don't mind hanging around the rally in the heat; but I do mind riding 2000 miles ATGATT in leathers in temps above 90.

Too hot even to jet ski today.
    Ub
    05 K12S . 86 R65