Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arthritic hand relief

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by 175781 View Post
    I Tried grip puppies ad trashed them the day I put them on. .
    Why was that? I couldn't live without them.

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    Why was that? I couldn't live without them.
    I am ordering a pair. You guys sold me.
    Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.

2008 R1200R Black

Grip Puppies - that's the type I have and love. Seem to recall a lot messing around with dishsoap, lots of twisting and harsh language to get them installed.

Note: foam grips are going to move your fingers farther from the brake and clutch levers. If you have small hands and non-adjustable levers, this could be a problem.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

Just ordered a pair. I will post my thoughts/review after I try them out for a while.

2008 R1200R Black

I thought the reason BMWs were so popular with older riders was because BMW provides heated grips for the arthritic demographic??
    Now available on the SS1000RR. Simultaneous mental AND physical therapy!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    I thought the reason BMWs were so popular with older riders was because BMW provides heated grips for the arthritic demographic??
    Now available on the SS1000RR. Simultaneous mental AND physical therapy!

Larry
    And the good news is that not only do my OGB's allow the heat to penetrate through to your hands, but they also seem to "concentrate" the heat and "capture' it so it doesn't dissipate so easily in the rush of cool/cold air moving by. Also, they don't soak up water like some of the other un-named products out there.

Best,

Dave R.

I'm a guy thats had CTS release surgery & I post this every so often: Whta helps me-(I have short fingers too) -I wear glove liners under my leather gloves-buy @ Dick's sporting goods or similar-polypropylene liners as skiers wear,etc. they perform the same function as a wicking t-shirt or underwear plus they isolate vibration from your hands. Makes for a comfy feel too. Learn to ride with a somewhat loose grip while maintaining control. No, I don't use grip heaters unless its reaL COLD. Anything that enlargens the grip works against me. Practice doing "finger stretches & exercises" as you ride long distances. If you have symptoms for CTS wear the wrist splints when you sleep! Cheaper on ebay. I bought the CTS gloves @ TN rally but like the ebay elcheapos I have & will wear until they fall off my hands. When they are gone I'll switch to deerskin work gloves. Anybody want a new pair of the CTS gloves-designed by a hand doc!? There OK, just not my faves.

Rally Rat
    Has anyone tried a few windes of a tennis tape or bicycle padded tape?

I used some of that rubber "Super Tape" that they sell for hose repairs. It's tacky enough to provide a good grip. I used it to cover some neoprene grip covers that I had customized. I found that a fat section under the palm of may hands takes the pressure off of the inner and outer edges of my hands (which is where the nerves are).
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

My Bemmer Buddies arrived today. Very quick on the shipping. They are installed and fit perfectly, and the quality is very good. I will update after I get a chance to take a ride and see how they help with the numbness in my throttle hand.

2008 R1200R Black