At risk of sounding a bit ACD
Another thread got me thinking of some of the habits I have developed over the years, things i now do automatically without even thinking about it, sort of second nature I guess. Things like:
- on long interstate slogs when passing under a bridge I will stretch out my legs one at a time and rotate my ankles, and give my lower back a quick stretch. When going over a bridge I will stretch my shoulders and flex out my hands a few times. Really helps from getting sore on long rides.
- approaching a left turning car I will do a little weave and flash my high beams.
- walking up to the bike I walk around it and check oil level and tires, and anything else that might be amiss.
- I used to have a label that said, "wallet, phone, camera" right above the ignition to remind me to make sure I had them, now I am in the habit of just saying it every time the key goes in.
- If I think I might be getting tired I recite the first few stanzas of a poem I learned in the 8th grade and for some reason I've always remembered ("The Walrus and the Carpenter"), if I have any trouble with it I know it is time to stop and take a breather.
Those are the ones that come to mind. Anyone else do things like this?