I was on the bike just now, sitting in the garage, bike turned off.
Recently, I had all brakes bled and fluid changed.
While sitting on the bike, I was testing the front brake lever. It would fade (move closer to the throttle) as I held it for a while under continuous, but not extreme, grip pressure.
After releasing the front lever, the front brake pads would not release.
... after about 10 minutes, I went to check. Bike rolls now, brakes are free.
BUT, Lever fades quicker now.
Brake fluid is 1/2 way in window with bike straight.
No fluid is being leaked as far as I can tell so far. reservoir, lines, fairings, calipers are all dry.
Don't want this to happen on the street.
Questions for you...
1. Why is this happening, and apparently getting worse.
2. How are they sticking/locking?
3. How can they fade and not have fluid escape?
4. Would new, braided lines fix this?
(How screwed am I?)
5. Are BMW Brakes ok or Dangerous?