Thread: West Coast via I-90

Ed Kilner #176066

West Coast via I-90

I arrived on Vancouver island last Saturday from just est of Toronto. Straight across, except one day "wasted" in South Dakota, which was some of the finest recreational riding I have ever done.

33 C in Montana, knew it was hot, but the Aerostitch 2-piece was surprisingly good.

Thn, cold and wet.

Scary through Snoqualmie pass with bad visibility, fast truck traffic, and hen Seattle traffic and terrible surface streets.

My blog has much more, and I will be returning across Canada starting next week.

A lifetime dream, half done, with no mechanical issues.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Best to ya:)

Done that loop myself a few times over and its all great. US Hwy2 across USA is another you may try someday. I did the Trans Canada Hwy about 5 years back, BC to NovaScotia, WOW what a trip I had from California. Canada is NICE, treated really swell while there and much LESS population up there. Couple favorites were Regina and the RCMP Academy, finding the hills of Ontario after a long crossing the flats and Ottawa was really neat and Quebec City, just a few I loved seeing. Too many more to list...Randy

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    SR 20 across the northern width of Washington State beats the pants off of US 2, which beats the pants off of I-90. It's the most northern east-west highway in our state. The next east-west highway north is the Trans-Canada Hwy.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Ed Kilner #176066
    For me, the crossing of the US was all new. People everywhere were friendly.

Here in BC, my buddy takes me to a coffee shop every morning. Great group of guys.

Off Sunday
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/