Thread: The Greater Oly, Lacey, Tumwater Washington Area.

Smile The Greater Oly, Lacey, Tumwater Washington Area.

So after looking at the Anonymous book I was looking to see how many of us were in the local area. In the Greater Olympia, Lacey, Rochester, Tenino,Tumwater, Shelton, Yelm there are 20 + Members. So I was wondering if anyone ever checks out this site.
    We could even set up our own local rides.. Anyone interested? If you're in the vicinity of these areas chime in if you interested. How about the JBLM Folks not sure what city you guys would list.
    Bill

I'm thinking you might want to ask this question in another month or so. Pretty sure no one wants to ride in this miserable weather. I'm just sayin'!

Cheers!

(bump)
    Bill Johnston

Weathers been cooperative the last few weekends

Seabeck,
    If a So Cal runaway can do it so can you. Weathers been cooperative the last few weekends, at least I'm ahead with the Round up treatments! Seen lots o bikes out the last month or so... I usually get out all year round most of the time, I try for at least every other weekend just to keep me from getting too grouchy. The better half sure appreciates it I know. The end of December and January was pretty tough this year.
    Bottoms UP!
    Bill

Thanks for the encouragement...we all need a kick now and then. I'm a Nevada transplant (almost 30 years ago) so I know what you mean.

But...as a survivor of nine heart surgeries my old bod is ultra sensitive to cold and wet. So these days I'm more of a fair weather rider. And don't really care to have to put on 3 or 4 layers of clothing to go riding. Never been much on the Michelin Man style. LOL

This winter was a bit drier than most...so I did manage to get a few "refresher" rides in every month. It helps being retired, when the sun is shining I don't have to ask for time off...I just go.

Cheers...
    Bill Johnston

9 HOLY $&@p! Did they do something for easy re-entry after the first couple?
    Don't get me wrong I absolutely hate letting my cor body get cold, it takes me forever to warm up. My winter riding trick is to start a fire and get ready to go out for a ride, then I ride till I get pretty cool then a start going home. Might be 1 hour, could be 6 hours. So... if all goes well (nothing blocked the vent on the stove) the living room is about 75 even up to 80 sometimes. When I get Home it is nice and toasty I'll grab a Barley Pop or a favorite Blended Canuck, Turn on the brain box and Chillax.

The first 7 1/2 were angioplasties. A permanent shunt might have helped! LOL

Midway thru the last angio (this was in '98) my systems shut down. Defib failed. CPR for 50 minutes, then a 5 way bypass. But I've been good to go since then! And enjoying ever effing minute!

Our fireplace starts instantly thanks to the wonders of propane, but I have nearly zero tolerance for wet/cold conditions due to scar tissue on the ticker. That's why I gave up kayaking and underwater basket weaving.

I also like Barley Pop, but really enjoy savoring a wee dram of a nice single malt (like the Glenmorangie "Original" 18 year old currently in hand).

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Bump Try Again.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thgen View Post
    How about the JBLM Folks not sure what city you guys would list.
    Bill
    Just about any place in Thurston or Pierce counties, with a smattering of south King.