Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super 8 Sedalia MO is now State Fair Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I did get all my information from the new owners management and simply passed it on to the membership.

As in most cases it has to do with communication and who you talked to. (not to mention your own interpretation)

Jack
    So I guess this means everyone who is having to pay more to guarantee their already existing reservations with the new owners are eligible for a refund of any added cost and return to the room style they originally reserved

Have a name and number for folks to call?
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Thanks Jack.

You are correct about communications. It has been my experience that people are more prone to lie on the telephone than is face to face communications. Sure hope they keep their word, as we have no other choice at this point.

I still have a problem with Super 8, They sure could have helped their customers, which we were at the time of the reservations. Instead they too abandoned us. Makes me think twice about using Super 8 in the future.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I did get all my information from the new owners management and simply passed it on to the membership.

As in most cases it has to do with communication and who you talked to. (not to mention your own interpretation)

Jack

Sparkchaser1200
    2006 K1200LT and K12R

Super Bad

Recived my confirmation letter from the new hotel in the mail, more $ but they have you in a bad way,also on the same day recieved a phone message from Super 8 stating the property has been sold and that my reservation is no longer good. Well too Bad for Super 8 now I will excercise my rights as a consumer and never use them again, making sure I tell everyone I know how Bad Super 8 is

motels

Greetings... After reading about the nightmares with motel reservations, I decided to double check mine.
    My reservation was made on line in Jan. My motel is the Day's Inn in Concordia, Mo they did have my room reserved, no problem. In fact it looks like they still have rooms available for anyone still looking. It's about 30 miles from Sedalia but might be the answer if you're still looking.

Thanks for the heads-up...it made me look to be sure.

Ride safe

Pitboss

Bailed

I cancelled my "reservation" yesterday. Decided to camp at rally using Mayberry's Sherpa Service.

Used them in PA last year. Very good service! About half the price of a motel.

See ya there!

Sparkchaser1200
    2006 K1200LT and K12R

There are so many different results mentioned in this thread. Cost more, same cost, no rooms.....??

I had reservations there, was called last week by Super 8 and was told they no longer own this hotel and they suggested I call the new owner to confirm my reservation. I called, they found my reservation and told me they needed my credit card number. Gave it to them and was told it was the same price. No change, hassle, or problems. All credit card numbers were removed off the books when Super 8 gave up ownership.

The hotel I'm told is about 1 mile from the fairgrounds.