Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Garmin Zumo 350LM coming this fall

Hybrid View

BugCollector

New Garmin Zumo 350LM coming this fall

Looks like the UI is quite different. Price sure isn't. I'm interested in the maintenance log feature.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/g...ic-zumo-350lm/

$700 - that's funny

My 550 is still plugging away
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

I'm still using my 450.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

I hope Garmin has addressed more than just being blue tooth compatible. That would be a real let down and will be a downer for sales.

Steve
    I'd buy it if Garmin could guarantee that routes designed on the computer would be uploaded to the device as they are without the device adding loops and detours. I'm sitting here now working on uploading the same route for the 8th time. (It's a 384 mile route on MapSource that shows up as a 400 mile route when I transfer it to the Zumo). Took me 9 times yesterday to get a route right. This has happened as long as I've owned a Garmin. The response from Garmin support is, "That can't be happening." So I guess I've been hallucinating for the past four years.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    I'd buy it if Garmin could guarantee that routes designed on the computer would be uploaded to the device as they are without the device adding loops and detours. I'm sitting here now working on uploading the same route for the 8th time. (It's a 384 mile route on MapSource that shows up as a 400 mile route when I transfer it to the Zumo). Took me 9 times yesterday to get a route right. This has happened as long as I've owned a Garmin. The response from Garmin support is, "That can't be happening." So I guess I've been hallucinating for the past four years.
    It happens because of differences in the map sets and differences between versions of Mapsource. Make sure you have the latest of everything.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    This usually happens when the maps on your computer and the maps on your GPS aren't the same versions.

That said - I'm uncertain how to update the map on my computer to the same version as on my GPS (Nav-III). I have lifetime maps for the GPS.. but updating them on the GPS using Garmin's tools doesn't automatically update them on the computer.

Anyone have an idea?
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fi View Post
    $700 - that's funny

My 550 is still plugging away
    I'm pretty sure the 550 was $799. I did own two of them at one time. Sold them for a good price when the 660 and 665 came out because they would no longer hold all the maps and they are far slower than the newer models. They weren't working well enough for me anymore, but I've always been bleeding edge slaphappy geeky anyway.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 550 was $799. I did own two of them at one time. Sold them for a good price when the 660 and 665 came out because they would no longer hold all the maps and they are far slower than the newer models. They weren't working well enough for me anymore, but I've always been bleeding edge slaphappy geeky anyway.
    Dont know exactly - got a factory refurb a while back thought it was about 400

Nothing wrong with being an early adopter but I did learn my lesson with my KGT 1300
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Let's hope the LM doesn't stand for Lost Motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy View Post
    Let's hope the LM doesn't stand for Lost Motorcycle.
    Yes. Actually it's "Lifetime Maps", but I suspect you knew that.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Garmin 450 going looney tunes

It jumps around from page to page; have reset (according to garmin instructions)--any kind of "hard" reset available to possible fix?
    For instance, when I touch "view map" on home screen, it turns orange, and doesn 't go to map.
    any ideas?
    On Ice

Quote Originally Posted by djdgh View Post
    It jumps around from page to page; "view map" on home screen is orange
    Mine started to do this last week. the "Menu" button was orange also, but it cleared after I hit the music button. I think it's ready to take a dump
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

I have the Zumo 550 and use it with the XM Pod (hockey puck) inside the fairing on my Ultra Classic (on radio chassis); then use it on my '11 Ford F250; and I have an extra Ram mount to use it on my R100RT. I use the odometer feature for the RT since my odometer is not working. I've been happy with it up until about a month ago when I loaded the latest map it will no longer program a route (everything else works). I've tried reverting to the older map version, but no luck. I noticed there was no mention of XM on the new 350, wonder if it's coming at a later date for another $225+-.
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

I have 3 Garmins, all with lifetime maps. I have to do 3 separate downloads of the same maps to install! I talked to Garmin and suggested that maybe they could improve on this situation but got nothing more than "that's the way it is"
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005