Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Colorado, Utah, Five Days, Trip-in-Progress Report. Daily Images & Video

On a Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by RT RANDY
    Thanks for the great info. I gathered it was some kind of helmet cam by the way it moved when you scanned with your head. Any suggestions where to shop for one as well as a recorder? Is the Record button wired to the player? It would be great to have it in an easy location to switch it on and off. Do you have camera cord dangling when you put your helmet on and then plug it in when you mount the bike? Do You travel with several memory sticks?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know Zilch about having a recorder on a bike and you really have inspired me.
    Take a look at different mounting options presented well at: http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm. Included is the helmetcamera.com option I use. The website there provides a good explanation with visuals.

To be sure, helmetcams have their pos/negs. Take a look at the options and PM me with any questions. Would be happy to help out.

Steve

JOECUBANA
    Wow!

Incredible....I am a new rider...bought an 04 1150R Silver on 4/2/05. I already have 2300 miles on it. I live in Middle Tennessee and love the area where you rode. The musical scores are fantastic. I am 42 and have always wanted a bike. Watching your rides do bring tears and smiles since I am really loving this new hobby/lifestyle. I got to ride through the Smokies heading to the Ga. Mtn. Rally, and get to go back next week. Riding out West would be a thrill of a lifetime. Thanks for letting us 'be there'.

By the way, what do people do to listen to music? Ear buds like Ipods? I like the music ideas...I have XM in my car....thanks for any music ideas...

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson
    Take a look at different mounting options presented well at: http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm. Included is the helmetcamera.com option I use. The website there provides a good explanation with visuals.

To be sure, helmetcams have their pos/negs. Take a look at the options and PM me with any questions. Would be happy to help out.

Steve
    Thanks Steve. Got it all book marked. I'm going to start exploring the options and will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

As a new BMW owner I've found this forum very helpful, but rarely have I read a series of posts which have been so inspiring. Particularly the videos. I have family who used to live in that part of the world, and reading your posts and watching the videos brought back so many memories of how beautiful Utah and area can be.

Thank you so much.

lcarlson
    Very, very nice, Steve. Thanks --

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8smiles
    By the way, what do people do to listen to music? Ear buds like Ipods? I like the music ideas...I have XM in my car....thanks for any music ideas...

Rick
    Check out this thread http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1706 for a few options. Plus you can do a Search from the header bar for more options. Me personally, I have an AutoComm with a MixIt connected to an iPod and an XM SkyFi on my RT. But I love music.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

R65nut
    Steve, everyone has said it all, it is all great! Thank you!

As a music lover, I think you should have credited each song properly just so we wouldn't have to ask you 5 times (and I was curious so I could obtain them)!

I am in Indianapolis - do you know Tim and Linda Balough, Hoosiers relocated to your part of the mountains?

Thanks again - can't wait for your web site!

On a Ride
    Much appreciated everyone. Nice memories only two wheels can provide. FWIW, thought I'd respond and mention I processed another vid of the trip. Shortly after the day 4 video of Grand Staircase Escalante, I recorded another day 4 vid... Utah 12 from Boulder to Torrey. If interested, the link is below. Accompanying 70's tune "Another Park, Another Sunday" somewhat appropriate.

Day 4 Video #2 - Utah Hwy 12, Boulder to Torrey

SNC1923
    Thanks again for this particularly excellent travelogue--especially this most recent installment. I'm heading to Torrey for the first time on Friday and now know exactly what to expect from the 12.

Keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    A highlight onboard ride video from today's journey... But anyway, the track for the Day #1 vid was "Evensong" by the artist "Secret Garden". Berthoud Pass, Hot Sulfur Springs Canyon, Rabbit Ears Pass is here:
    A Pass, A Canyon, A Pass - Streaming Video

video of Grand Staircase Escalante, I recorded another day 4 vid... Utah 12 from Boulder to Torrey. If interested, the link is below. Accompanying 70's tune "Another Park, Another Sunday" somewhat appropriate.

Day 4 Video #2 - Utah Hwy 12, Boulder to Torrey

Brief video window between storms...
    Hwy 28 & 89 Streaming Video

Here's one of the onboard ride vids...
    Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument Streaming Video.

I've seen pics before but never a video of this ride or area. Enjoy the curves, scenery, and appropriate (imho ) accompanying soundtrack.

Here's the video of yesterday's ride, accompanying the images already posted...

Wolf Creek and Trout Creek Pass - Streaming Video

So, a helmetcam for the GS. The head is very stable compared to the thrashing the bike takes. Minimal to no vibes. An example... the GS going above timberline to Breckenridge on a dirt/rock road... http://www.farson.com/video/gsboreas.wmv.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4581

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    the road starring in the video is one of many canyon rides leading from the Colorado Front Range to the mountains. I follow two KGT riders, and a VTR rider snuck in to the 3rd spot. I'm on a R1100S, and behind but not seen is a Triumph and GS rider. It was part of a 280 mile Saturday ride.

so FWIW if interested in an armchair ride ...
    Golden Gate Canyon Streaming Video

(Kenosha Pass to Hoosier Pass)

Winter's Last Gap

A Lonely Road, Two Ghost Towns, Homesteads and Ice Fishing. And More.

A Sweet Canyon, The Peak to Peak Scenic Byway - Vid/Images

South Park Colorado - 10/2/08

Some of my favorite sfarson videos.
    Great job of picking music and putting this all together

Last edited by BeerTeam; 03-29-2010 at 01:54 AM.

On a Ride
    Hey BT... Thanks. Good to see the memories again. It was great ride. FWIW, I've put the finishing touches on a motorcycling Colorado book, sending it to the publisher a few weeks ago. 175 new onboard, online videos are a part of the project. They will be at a companion web site later this year.

Steve